Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Announcing the Printz Project!


Yesterday, after writing my thoughts on Jellicoe Road, and deciding once and for all to join something that makes me read more Printz Award books, I discovered that there really wasn't an official Printz Challenge going on. I remembered that Jessica from The Bluestocking Society had mentioned something on her blog about a Printz Project... but when I went there, it appeared that she had just been doing that on her own.

So I said to her, "How about we do one of those challenge things together, and make it official?" Before I knew it, she had this blog created for the official Printz Project!

So if the idea of reading some Printz Award books sounds intriguing to you, please be sure to head over to the Printz Project page and leave a comment to sign up! This will be an ongoing challenge, just something to work on at your own pace, but when you do read a book, then write a review and comment with a link on the post for that particular book. You'll find posts for all the different books on the challenge blog.

Also, I think we plan on doing some sort mini-challenge to get you motivated to start! Stay tuned for that.

Anyway, here are the Printz books I've read up to this date:






A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly, honor 2004

The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer, honor 2003




Here are the ones I have planned to read, just for starters:


The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation; v. 1: The Pox Party, by M.T. Anderson, honor 2007

Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy, by Gary D. Schmidt, honor 2005

The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Volume II, The Kingdom on the Waves, by M.T. Anderson, honor 2009

Monster, by Walter Dean Myers, winner 2000


But I may just go to the library, see what they have, and then this whole list will change!

Anyway, we'd love for you to join us on the quest!

3 comments:

  1. Yea! I'm so excited about this.

    I figured out that the book covers and the site don't work in Internet Explorer. I'm reformatting everything to work in all browsers. It'll just take a little while to fix it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so there! Thanks for hosting this one guys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails