Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Midweek Morsels: Strawberries!


For Midweek Morsels today, Kristina is thinking about spring foods. What makes me think spring is strawberries!


My favorite thing to do with strawberries, besides slicing them on my cereal, is to smoosh them up with a bit of sugar, pour it onto a slice of angel food cake, and dollop it with a bit of whipped cream. So, there's really no recipe for that, and I'm sure most of you do it already ... but if you don't... you really must try it!






6 comments:

  1. PEI strawberries won't be ripe until the beginning/middle of June, but there is nothing like them. We get strawberries all winter from Fla and California, and they are good, but nothing beats local berries.
    Ooh, I can't wait. Strawberries on Angel food cake is pretty much the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, yeah, I just had some strawberries with Vanilla Bean ice cream. It hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the strawberries to be ripe here...they are sooo good from the local farm! I really love the angel food cake idea, but we usually use the shortcake cups for that...and lately, with my new waffle iron, I've been putting them on waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Local strawberries aren't ripe here either, but suddenly the stores are full of them, from wherever they are coming from! So I buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just pulled out all the strawberries we froze last year and turned them into jam, since in about 2 months we'll go pick a million more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Now I just want a strawberry shake or something cold with strawberries! Thank you for posting Suey!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails