Thursday, April 30, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Worse



Which is worse?
Finding a book you love and then hating everything else you try by that author, or
Reading a completely disappointing book by an author that you love?

Both of these are sad, but I think I'm going to go with the second option: reading a disappointing book by an author I love.

I was trying to think of examples of this instance and came up with Maeve Binchy and Robin McKinley. I love them both, but the latest books I've read by them didn't wow me overly much. But, nothing changes. I still love them both and will keep reading their stuff. I'm sure there's many other similar examples like this, if I could ponder all day about. But then this BTT would never get written!

6 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Haven't read any of the authors you mention. But I hate it if I buy a book by an author I love and the book is a flop. Have a great day!!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. It's harder with the second scenario...though, I haven't read enough books by Robin to feel the same way as you. :)

    ~ Popin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, those are both really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like to be disappointed by my favorite authors but I am more willing to keep reading them instead of a new author I just found.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to read Maeve Binchy but was disappointed one too many times and moved on.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails