Friday, April 24, 2009

Ramblin' Friday Thoughts

I'm feeling in the mood for another of those meaningless ramblin' posts. My thoughts for the day (with questions included... you know... to encourage all your wonderful comments!):

** Life's been crazy and I haven't had much time for reading, in fact, there's been a few days where I never read at all. Non-reading days are just strange. But, I'm still working on The Blind Assassin, which I'm really quite enjoying. If I concentrated on it a bit, I could finish it today, or tomorrow. Question: Do you ever have a day where you don't read at all?

** I got a bunch of Printz award books from the library a week or so ago. Backlash from the excitement of starting our challenge. But, I haven't read a single one of them yet. Question and shameless plug: Have you gone over and joined the challenge yet? (I give you permission because it's a perpetual one you know... no deadlines.)

** I'm jealous of all those getting to go to book festivals here, there and everywhere! But y'all have fun and be sure to tell us ALL about it! Question: Have you been to a book festival?And if so what was the best thing about it?

** The Third Thursday Book Club was at my house last night (I know it was actually a 4th Thursday, but that happens sometimes!) The book was The Secret Life of Bees. I think everyone just liked it "okay." I was surprised at that a little. I thought they'd all love it. (I loved it when I read it many years ago. I didn't do a re-read to see if my feelings changed.) We tried to plan our upcoming schedule. Here's what we've got so far: Janette Rallison books for May, summer TBA still (thinking about picking a series of some kind), The Kite Runner in October, The Hunger Games and sequel (Catching Fire?) in November, Mrs. Mike in December.

** American Idol thoughts: I'm loving both Kris and Adam. But if it comes down to the two of them in the final... I think I'd log my votes for Kris. But I think Adam will be winning this year, no matter who he goes against in the finale. I love downloading the studio versions of their songs and have a pretty good playlist built up now. My favorite from that list at this point is Mad World by Adam, and To Make You Feel My Love by Kris. Question: If you are an American Idol fan, and Kris and Adam are in the finals, who would you want to see win?

** We recovered from our snowy weather of last week, and went back to spring this week. It's been great! The Mr. is back to motorcycling to work, and we've all shed the coats and are digging out the shorts. Question: Has spring finally arrived at your house?

** I made four batches of strawberry jam yesterday, and then some syrup, and then a strawberry dessert for book club. And we STILL have a bunch to just eat. Yum. Question: Strawberries... love 'em or hate 'em?

Well, I'm thinking that's enough rambling and questioning for one day. Oh, and don't forget to go vote on the latest Bookword... poll now up at An Adventure in Reading.

13 comments:

  1. I love ramblin' posts!

    Answer: Yes, there are days when I don't read at all. Yesterday was one. I was just too pooped to pick up a book. But those days are rare.

    I've never been to a book festival, but it sounds like it would be fun.

    I loved THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES!

    Not watching American Idol this year. I was bummed because Elliott Yamin didn't win a few years ago.

    Spring has arrived in Cumming, GA. In fact, it's over 80 here now.

    Strawberries - LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear ... the last few days were BEYOND spring here in So. Cal. as it got over 100 degrees. Absolutely insane. Fortunately, the weather has gone back to upper 60s lower 70s and lovely. I sure hope those temps stick around for awhile. I am so not ready for hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question: If you are an American Idol fan, and Kris and Adam are in the finals, who would you want to see win?

    Adam, I think. That's a tough question because they're both wonderful, and I enjoy Kris' genre more... But I think Adam is the most talented out of the two, if only for his range.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On American Idol.....
    Adam ALL THE WAY!!!;) You either love him or hate him, and I love him! I read the Secret Life of Bee's a few months ago and really liked it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also enjoyed The Secret Life of Bees. The movie was amazing too, it made me cry.

    A.I., I haven't really been watching, but I like the red head girl. Sorry I don't know her name. I know she was in the bottom 3 this week, but I just like her. I guess going off the other two I'd say Adam.

    I love Strawberries. I like strawberry jam if it doesn't have big chunks of strawberries. They have to be well chopped. Homemade is the best.

    Spring is trying to be here. It was cloudy/windy today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne: I love the rambly ones too.

    Terri: I heard about your S. Cal heat. I think I'd take the snow over that.

    Jessica: I totally agree.

    Chantele: I'm in the "love him" category!

    Amy: I enjoyed the movie too. I recently watched it so that helped me be able to remember the book for book club without going back and re-reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Question: Do you ever have a day where you don't read at all?I'd say no, because I at least read the cereal box.

    Question and shameless plug: Have you gone over and joined the challenge yet?maybe I'll get to it, I've read quite a few already

    Question: Have you been to a book festival?And if so what was the best thing about it?nope!

    Question: If you are an American Idol fan, and Kris and Adam are in the finals, who would you want to see win?What about Gokey? I'd pick Kris of those two you listed.

    Question: Has spring finally arrived at your house?
    crossing my fingers, the grass is starting to green

    Question: Strawberries... love 'em or hate 'em?LOVE'EM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm stealing raidergirl's idea...

    Question: Do you ever have a day where you don't read at all? Do blogs count? Then no. But I do sometimes go a day or two without reading a book.

    Question: If you are an American Idol fan, and Kris and Adam are in the finals, who would you want to see win? I'm not a fan, and I don't care, but that first picture... he's a cutie. :)

    Question: Has spring finally arrived at your house?We skipped it and decided to go straight to summer. I'm not ready, and we've got to plant the garden next week.

    Question: Strawberries... love 'em or hate 'em?LOVE'EM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Raidergir: Cereal boxes don't count! :) Oh, and Danny Gokey is good too, but he's fallen to #3 in my book.

    Melissa: It's sad when spring gets skipped. That happens here a lot too. And the first cutie picture is Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I have days I don't read. I hate them.

    Nope, not getting into challenges at all, right now. In fact, I have created my own "100% Unchallenged" button. It's stupid, but I like it.

    Not watching American Idol. Still don't have cable or satellite after many years.

    Has spring arrived? Umm, yeah, I think we're on the verge of summer. I may have screwed up -- I haven't planted a thing and it's probably too late.

    Love strawberries.

    That was fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been doing a random Friday post like this too.

    I think Adam is more fun to watch, but I think Kris's CD would be better so I am undecided.

    I thought it was spring, then it snowed, so probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bookfool: I hate those non-reading days too. Glad you had fun with my impromptu questionaire!

    Lisa: We could start our own "Random Friday" weekly meme! Yes, I feel the same way about Adam (fun to watch) and Kris (more my style). Though, I will probably buy BOTH of their cds when/if they make them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kris has my votes for sure. I agree that Adam is probably going to win, but I think he would be better suited to Broadway. He is too dramatic and fake to me. :)
    *smiles*
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails