Friday, April 3, 2009

Review: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan


Review: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
Genre: YA Fantasy
Rating: A-
For: TBR Challenge

Finally! It's about time I got this book read! I've been hearing about it for quite awhile now, and watching my 8th grade son eat it up and breeze through the whole series, so now I know! Well, at least I know the beginning of the adventure!

There's this kid named Percey Jackson. He is one of those misfit-type kids, getting picked on a lot, and having a rough home life, what with his mean old, and stinky, step dad and all. And also, wondering all his life what happened to his real dad. His mom isn't much help and tells him he was "lost at sea."

This book is about how Percy learns who his real dad is, and what interesting powers come from that! He ends up at a special school, one where he finally feels a little more accepted.

He also ends up going on a quest... to find the missing lightning bolt of course. You know the one that Zeus holds? Yes, that one.

What a fun way for kids to learn about mythology. I look forward to book two!

Other Reviews:




6 comments:

  1. My boys have these books, I'll have to give them a read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go watch the movie when it comes out and eventually finish the series. Not in a huge rush though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series. I can't wait for the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this book enjoyable, but I haven't read on in the series, yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this book, but I too am in no rush to finish the series. Lots of others to read, right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a movie? Well, of course there is! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails