Friday, July 20, 2007

Review: I Am The Messenger


Book: I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak
Genre: YA- ish.... I wouldn't call it YA myself though
Rating: A
I've decided I'll have to read all this guy has written. I think there's some stuff he wrote before Book Thief fame. He's incredible! An amazing way with words! Though I wish he'd stay away from so many cuss words. Despite that, I loved it. He's got some powerful messages to get out to us I guess. (Ha, messages!)
This book is about a 19 year old kid who is sort of wandering through life, not really accomplishing much, when he suddenly starts getting these clues in the mail (and other ways). He has to figure out what to do with the clues, and soon, his life starts being a bit more meaningful.
For me, it was about helping people, looking outside yourself for a change, seeing what's going on around you, and doing small things that make a big difference. Great story.
But to put this book in the teen section? I'm not so sure about that. Maybe for quite older teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails