Thursday, April 9, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Numbers Game



For something different, I’m borrowing a question from … here! One of the very first questions ever at Booking Through Thursday. Back from 2005 when Laura owned the blog but, because it was so new, it didn’t get as many responses as it does now … so, why not revisit?

Here’s the question:

Some people read one book at a time. Some people have a number of them on the go at any given time, perhaps a reading in bed book, a breakfast table book, a bathroom book, and so on, which leads me to…

1. Are you currently reading more than one book?
2. If so, how many books are you currently reading?
3. Is this normal for you?
4. Where do you keep your current reads?


Hey, good idea! I think it's fun to revisit old questions!

My answers:

1. Yes, I'm reading more than one book right now.
2. At the moment, I've got three going. That's counting War and Peace, which I neglect severely. Besides that one, I'm reading The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, and Agnes Grey.

3. Yes, it's very normal for me to have more than one book going at a time. This makes me happy. However, one usually tends to surface as the "top" book and receives most of my focus.

4. My books have a home on the nightstand when they are in the "currently reading" category. But I haul them all around with me as I come and go. I don't have different books for different locations, but I have done that before. (A couch book, a bed book, a car book and a treadmill book.)

6 comments:

  1. I've given you an award here: http://savvyverseandwit.blogspot.com/2009/04/zombie-chicken-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how's that for coincidence? I've given you an award here!

    And I look forward to reading your review of War and Peace when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, the awards are just flyin' today! Thanks guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always seem to have a "top" book as well, sometimes it is the book I am really into and other times it is the book that I am closest to finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your answer is more clear and stated better than mine but YES! THat's exactly what I do also. =)

    Happy BTT!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails