Monday, April 20, 2009

Review: The Monster in Me by Mette Ivie Harrison


Review: The Monster in Me by Mette Ivie Harrison

Genre: YA

Rating: A-

For: Fun

Actually, this is for my ongoing quest to read all the books by the local authors... at least the ones I'm aware of. So when I saw this one just sitting there at the library, I snatched it up to go home with me.

This is a short, simple story about a girl whose mom is unable to take care of her, so she continues to get bounced from foster home to foster home. This is the experience she has with a certain family where she is finally able to confront some of the demons that haunt her.

It was a fast, easy read that I enjoyed, however, it's very very different from her other fantasy/fairy tale type books. I think I still like those better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails