Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Sunday Salon: Looking Ahead


This past week I've had a blast looking back. Here's a recap of all the lists I made, just in case you missed them:







But now, it's time to look ahead! Here's what I hope to accomplish, booking and blogging-wise, this coming year.


  • Read more (some?) non-fiction and classics. Really.

  • Read the Wheel of Time series... or at least get a good start on it.

  • Finish War and Peace. I'm halfway there, I can do it, right?

  • Support my local authors!

  • Have fun with the other features I've started, keep them going, don't let them die.

  • Try again for the magic number of 100.

  • Don't get too excited and over commit to things.

  • Comment! Comment! Comment!

  • Do tons of blog housekeeping during Bloggiesta... watch for the to do list to be posted soon.

I feel that's all do-able, I think. How about you and your goals?

5 comments:

  1. Good luck on the Wheel of Time series. Our book group started the first one this summer (one gal even made a list of all the characters, symbols, and how they fit together.) I found the book was great for the summer as it was so long, but it just isn't a favorite for me. It has led me to some other books though and to some old Brandon Sanderson books. Our Book Group is delving into at least 3 non-fiction books this year to help me with that goal as well. I look forward to Sway; the irresistible pull of irrational behavior by the Brafman brothers. It reads like Freakonomics and is one I'm sharing a lot with others!!

    Good luck on some great goals. Let me know how I can help with any of them....like therapy for setting such big goals!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris: Thanks! :)

    Inside a Book: I think that's where I went wrong last year, we didn't have non-fiction scheduled for book club reads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your plans for this next year, Suey! You can definitely make it through War and Peace this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for more nonfiction! If you need some recommendations, let me know, I can maybe think of a few that would be a good start.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails