Thursday, December 31, 2009

Top Ten of 2009 (Booking Through Thursday)



Hey, look at that! Booking Through Thursday wants to know my favorite books I read this past year! :)

Suey's Top Ten of 2009

All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy
Elantris by Brandon Sanderson
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shafer and Annie Barrows
Beach Trip by Cathy Holton
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Homer and Langley by E.L. Doctorow
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood


Top YA/MG (yes, it needs its own category)


The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Taken By Storm by Angela Morrison
Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Just One Wish by Janette Rallison
Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen
The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing Vol 1 by M.T. Anderson
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Sing Me To Sleep by Angela Morrison
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness


(no one is counting, right?)

What are your favorites?

8 comments:

  1. I've only read one off each of your lists. Wow. Where have I been?

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, Suey! I've only read Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet from your lists. Several others though are on my TBR pile.

    I had hoped to read The Road in 2009 but didn't get around to it. Maybe I should make it my first book this year.

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a few i'm interesting in for sure.

    Here is mine
    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/12/countdown-of-my-favourites.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I've read Potato Peel Pie Society and loved it so much and am thinking of reading Blind Assassin next year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Britt... you better get busy! :)

    Literary: It appears I better read more of Cormac McCarthy. I guess I like him or something.

    Marce: Thanks for dropping by. You have a great list too!

    Amused: I hope you enjoy The Blind Assassin too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lists! I wish I could keep track of everyone's lists and read them, but really my TBR is already pretty ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a list and it ended up being 50 books... lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lock and Key made your favorites, I have got to get around to reading it. Ditto the potato pie thing, I saw that on a lot of lists. I own both of them, so it wouldn't be hard to get my hands on them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails