Saturday, January 2, 2010

December Monthly Recap

I lied. I wasn't done recapping, tallying, listing, pondering, or remembering the past after all. I still have to list my books read in December! Can't forget that! :)

Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle by L.J. Smith: A mysterious new boy moves in and Elena is strangely drawn to him, even when she learns more about him and more about his intense and captivating brother.

When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead: A young girl tries to solve the mystery of some strange notes that start showing up at her house, while at the same time figuring out her mom, her friends and herself.

Hide and Seek by Wilkie Collins: A painter adopts a young girl when she was about 10, and now years later his claim on her is challenged.

Evermore by Alyson Noel: Ever wakes up from being in a car accident with special powers, and her family all dead. The new mysterious boy at school tries to help her deal with her frustrations.

Walking Across Egypt by Clyde Edgerton: A grandma takes a liking to a juvenile delinquent and hopes to help him reform.

Graceling by Kristin Cashore: Katsa, who has the Grace of fighting, meets a prince who appears to have the same Grace. They set off on an adventure together.

The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale: A mom meets her celebrity crush and they become best friends. But what will their respective spouses think about that?

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness: Todd is forced out of his village and goes on the run with his new friend, a girl whose spaceship has crashed nearby.

Favorites of the month: When You Reach Me, Graceling, The Knife of Never Letting Go.


3 comments:

  1. Yay, Graceling! I loved that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read some books that have been on my TBR pile for ages. Walking Across Egypt has been one that I've wanted to read since Nancy Pearl suggested it in one of her Book Lust editions. Did you like it? I have The Actor and the Housewife on my nightstand (literally!) I'm intrigued by the Wilkie Collins. Was it worth reading? Thanks for sharing!! I'm excited to read some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kailana: Yeah! :)

    Inside a Book: Walking Across Egypt was a fun, cute story. And the Wilkie Collins was okay, but not the best one of his that I've read. My review for The Actor and the Housewife will be posted tomorrow, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails