Monday, September 12, 2011

BBAW 2011: Brilliant Bloggers!


It's time for another crazy week of appreciating book bloggers! I look forward to the blog hopping and post writing and overall back patting we'll all be doing this week. What a blast.

Today's topic is: You are encouraged to highlight a couple of bloggers that have made book blogging a unique experience for you. 


I always find this to be so hard! There's so many, and I hate to leave people out and yet there's no way to include everyone, but I will try to make a list of those bloggers who really shine for me. I think a way to do this is to have categories, and make a list. You know I love lists! (And I will ignore that little part that says "a couple." )

Bloggers That I Really Admire and Look Up To: Last week I posted about Dewey and her rock star status in the book blogging world. I feel like these guys here are next up for that role because of their impact on this blogging community. There's so many more I could list here, but these are some of the ones that feel a more personal connection to.

Florinda at The 3 R's Blog
Trish at Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'?
Michelle at That's What She Read
The1st  Daughter at There's a Book
Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings
Becky at Becky's Book Reviews
Angie at Angieville
Heather at A Lifetime of Books

Bloggers Who Comment: While there are many more of you that comment, these seem to be the ones who have been consistent in recent weeks. Without them, blogging wouldn't be near as much fun, so thanks for the comments guys! You keep  me going! And sorry I've been so crappy with commenting myself lately!

Jenny at Alternate Readality
Kailana at The Written World
Donna at Weaving a Tale or Two
Stephanie at Reviews by Lola
L at omphaloskepsis
Shelley at Book Clutter
Inside A Book at Inside a Book
Melissa at The Avid Reader's Musings
Jenni at Jenni Elyse

Bloggers Who Have Become Real Life Friends: Bloggers I've been lucky enough to meet in real life (except one as you can see) and become friends outside the blogging world.

Melissa at One Librarian's Book Reviews
Jessica at The Bluestocking Society
Kim at Good Clean Reads
Natasha at Maw Books
Becky at One Literature Nut
Emily at Emily's Reading Room
Deanna at Polishing  Mud Balls (even though I have yet to meet her in real life)


Bloggers Who Have Been There Since the Beginning: These are just some of the book bloggers that seem to have been consistently around since I started, and the ones I consider my first blogging friends.

Raidergirl3 at An Adventure in Reading
Susan at Bloggin' 'bout Books
Chris at Book-a-rama
Melissa at Book Nut
Literary Feline at Musings of a Bookish Kitty
Serena at Savvy Verse and Wit
SuziQOregon at Whimpulsive
Lisa at Books. Lists. Life

Thank you to all of you for making my blogging experience fun! I wish I could list you all and hopefully I didn't make anyone sad for leaving you off this list. I love you all. My Reader shows it, and I whenever I sit down to weed things out, I can never "get rid of" anyone. Also, like I said above, I feel like I've been really bad at the commenting thing myself lately, so please know I'm reading, but kinda quiet with the comments. I will try to do better to let you know I'm here and enjoying what you are all posting.

Thanks again all you crazy cool bloggers! Happy BBAW!




29 comments:

  1. What a great list of book bloggers to admire and love. Thanks for including me on your list. You're one of my originals in the blogging world who started me on this fantastic journey. I have one book recommendation for you...actually two:

    Cross Currents by John Shors
    Dance Lessons by Aine Greaney

    LOVED THESE BOOKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy BBAW to you, as well! If I had gotten around to writing a list this year, you'd most definitely be on it; I thoroughly love your blog (even if I don't comment much...). And maybe someday we'll actually connect in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Narrowing down to a manageable list is ridiculously hard, isn't it?!?! Like you, I ended up using random categories to help out! My list of influential bloggers, if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lot of blogs! Great list!

    I had a hard time choosing. But I opted for totally unheard of blogs. Isn't that the intention of community? To spread far and wide!!

    Here is my post:

    BBAW 2011: Community

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognise many but you have mentioned many new ones also.

    Enjoy the week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy BBAW to you! I'm glad that I can help your blogging experience by commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I'm a bit of an over commenter. ;)

    I get so overwhelmed looking at this lovely list of bloggers. There are so many I should check out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got a lot of bloggers for me to check out! Thanks for including me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for including me on your list! It's nice to be seen as having an impact on the blogging community :-).

    I like that you included so many bloggers who have been around for a long time, and are still active and involved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh and I had such a hard time making my short list! Great bloggers all around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad we're friends! I love hanging out with you in signing lines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, I'm honored to be one of your first book blogging friends. Even though I love discovering new book blogs, it's the "oldie but goodie" blogs - like yours - that I still find myself most drawn to. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been as good of a commenter as I could be. I am reading though too!

    Thanks for adding me to your list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to have to check out a bunch of these blogs. Thanks for your blog and for putting together stuff for the UT group. I had so much fun on Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you've put together a really great list, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm unaware of these, so thanks for the Introduction.
    Ps Congrats on the bump.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww. Thanks for the mention. I love having blogging friends turn into real life friends.

    And thank you for doing a lot of work to bring bloggers together - through your blog, the Utah blogger parties, and through book club.

    See you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love swinging by your blog and I always find something I want to say!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Admire?? Well, shucks, Suey. You're the best. I always look forward to your posts and wish we had a chance to hang out more IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i always think that I really need to comment more, but I am glad you are encouraged when I do, because you have a wonderful blog here.

    L

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhhh....you are seriously amazing! I've absolutely loved your blog over the last couple of years and to have you say that about me & mine is amazing. Especially considering the company you put me in, wow! Thank you so so much!

    This week is incredible and I'm so glad you listed so many great blogs because I absolutely trust your opinion. Now I'm off to discover a few more on your lists that I didn't know before! Thank you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw Suey, you are so sweet! I certainly hope that you and I can meet in person one of these days - I know we'd get along fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lots of new-to-me blogs you've listed here--I'll be checking them out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you split your list up -- and how you listed so many bloggers! I know some of them, but many others are completely new to me. Thank you for highlighting such a great list! Have a great BBAW!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a fun post. you have given me some blogs to check out.

    I need to comment more. i am sorry that I have not as of late. Do know that I think of you often and read your posts in google reader. I have been in a funk and I am trying to break out of it thus the commenting today. For reals...i have decided that i need to comment daily and try to comment on my favorite blogs with most of their posts so beware Suey...you should be seeing lots more of me in the week and weeks to come.

    I am glad that you and I have become friends. we really need to meet in person sometime. It would be great if that was to occur before you and I hit 50. oh yeah, you are older then me...does not leave much time does it. :) lol kidding you Suey. :)
    Really, I am glad to count you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A general reply to you all to say thanks right back atcha! :)

    And Ibeeeg, I so miss your comments, so I will be very much looking forward to them again! And if we are to meet before 50, we really better get at it because no there's not much time! And I'm ONLY a couple years older than you LOL! :) (But wow, you LOOK about 15 years younger than me. Is it all that bike riding?)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes Suey, only a few years before 50 so we should get planning! Really, we should.
    Bike riding does help with energy level that is for certain. My energy level was starting to plunge in the spring. Mostly though - good genes - my mom did not start graying until her late 50s but my dad was in his early 40s...hmmm...which one will it be for me? hoping my mom. :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy end of BBAW to all. Serena, I'm so honored to see you mention my book, DANCE LESSONS here. I, too, have met some true literary friends via book blog. Truthfully, I had no idea that this journey through the book blog world would bring me into contact with like-minded readers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A day late and a dollar short - I am *just* getting around to reading my feed from last week. Thank you so much for the shout-out! Your list includes such awe-inspiring bloggers; I am honored to be included among them.

    You know, the next time Muse comes to the U.S. (after their next album release, whenever that is), we definitely need to try to find a concert to attend together. How cool would that be?!?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails