Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A BBAW Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Read Because of Another Blogger


This week's list prompt over at The Broke and Bookish is tied in a bit to the current BBAW celebration by asking us what books I've read because of another blogger.

What if I just say... all of them? Yeah, it seems these days everything I read is because of a blogger! Let's look back on my recent reading history, shall we?

1. The Soldier's Wife by Margaret Leroy (currently reading).... because of Ibeeeg.
2. Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz... because of Jenny.
3. The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson... because of Ibeeeg, and Kailana, and Carl.
4. Divergent by Veronica Roth... because... well nearly every single one of you! (Have you noticed it's almost sweeping the BBAW book awards? Crazy!)
5. Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi ..... because of Melissa.
6. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.... because of Ibeeeg.
7. City of Bones (and Ashes) by Cassandra Clare.... another couple because nearly all of you!
8. Open Country (and Pieces of Sky earlier) by Kaki Warner... because of Susan.
9. Several classics (The Way We Live Now for example).... because of The Classics Circuit.
10. A Madness of Angels by Kate Griffin... because of Jenny.

Other books I blame you all for:

If I Stay
Chaos Walking series
Anna and the French Kiss
Major Pettigrew's Last Stand
Wither
Sapphique
The Glass Castle
Birthmarked
....and it goes on and on. Really, it makes me wonder what I read before blogging? I mean, I knew NOTHING!

So, tell me, what books have I made prompted you to read? I hope there's something....


9 comments:

  1. I've spent WAAYYYYY too much money this year on books that various bloggers have reviewed. My wallet is whimpering, but my bookshelves (and I) are sighing in bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're slooooooowly convincing me to read both UNDER THE DOME and THE WAY OF KINGS. The only reason I'm resisting is because they're both ENORMOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many of these are on my list! Although, I won't complain about buying them because I really liked a lot of them! Great list!

    Here's mine: http://booknookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/09/top-ten-tuesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read The Wheel of Time series because of your recommendation. Another friend recommended it to me, but I was only half sold on it. Reading your reviews and adventures have sold me completely. Now, I just need to get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan: ME TOO! Argh. Oh, well.

    Susan: First of all, The Way of Kings is so good you won't even notice the size of it. Secondly, if you think you might want to read Under the Dome, then NOW, with US, is the time to do it! Come on! You know you want too!!

    The Book Nook: Yes, all wonderful books

    Jenni: Ah fun! It's quite a project though, be warned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see I've pushed...er recommended some books for you. The book you've recommend that most sticks out in my mind is The Outsiders but I STILL haven't got to it yet! I really need to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read a book earlier in the year that you mentioned in your Book Club post: Terribly Twisted Tales. There are probably others, but that's the only thing I can think of right now. I keep telling myself I should keep a list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh... i am so glad to have helped fill in your reading voids...yeah right, you needed no help with that. Still, I am glad that you have read a few books with my influence. How are you liking The Solider's Wife?

    Like I told you on my blog - you influence me in general. we read a lot of the same stuff and usually knowing that you are reading it too is always a great motivator to me. I have several books in line to read that have come from your blogging about them which does indeed include The Book Thief. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny: I don't even remember recommending The Outsiders. Hmmm. But yes, read it!

    Kailana: Oh, I remember that! They talked about it at an event I went to.

    Ibeeeg: Finished The Soldier's Wife last night. Interesting ending, but I saw it coming!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails