Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bloggiesta Starting Line!



IT'S TIME TO FIESTA!

Welcome to the starting line for Bloggiesta... the blogging party led by our fearless mascot PEDRO (Plan. Edit. Develop. Review. Organize.) and created several years ago by Natasha from Maw Books Blog (who is enjoying a brand new baby girl at her house!) The idea behind Bloggiesta is to keep Pedro happy by spending these next three days working on perfecting your blog and connecting with other bloggers doing the same thing.


HOW TO PARTY
  • Bloggiesta begins now and runs through Sunday night... wherever you are. We don't have specific starting and ending times.... just Friday March 30 through Sunday April 1... wherever and whenever you are in the world!
  • Plan to spend as much time as you can working on your to do list and completing mini challenges. Don't worry about having the entire three days to devout to this, but do challenge yourself to put in some good hours to the project.
  • To let us know you are here and officially participating please sign the Mr. Linky below with a link to your BLOGGIESTA TO DO LIST which you should post on your blog. If you have already done this post... just link to it now. If you have yet to write up your list... do it today and link to it. Please, do not use a link to your blog in general... but to your specific TO DO LIST post! We want people to be able to easily find your Bloggiesta plans.
  • We would also like it if you would add your Twitter handle to your link so we can all easily find you there!
  • We have two grand prize packs from Walden Pond Press and Candlwick Press which you will be eligible for by just participating. We will pick random winners from the wrap up/summary links once the weekend is over.

Prizes:

Candlewick Judy Moody Prize Pack (Includes all of the following):

An extra-large Judy Moody T-shirt
A pink boa
Pink sunglasses
1 copy of Judy Moody: Twice as Moody (which includes book 1 & 2 in the Judy Moody series) 
1 copy of book #9: Judy Moody Detective

Candlewick on Twitter, Facebook and Website


Walden Pond Press prize pack (Includes all of the following):

Neversink by Barry Wolverton hardcover
The Fourth Stall by Chris Rylander hardcover
The Fourth Stall, Part II by Chris Rylander hardcover
Juniper Berry by M.P. Kozlowsky hardcover
Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu hardcover
The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy ARC

Walden Pond Press on Twitter, Facebook, Blog

  • Late comers are welcome to join in the fun! Just sign up below with your Bloggiesta post!
  • Feel free to update your progress any way you see fit. You can just cross things off your list, or write a couple of update posts. We will have a Finish Line Post link up here on Sunday for anyone wishing to link up their summary posts (or crossed off lists.) We will pick two random winners from this list for the above mentioned prizes.

HOW TO CONNECT
  • Much of our connection with each other will be happening on Twitter. Be sure to follow @Bloggiesta and the hashtag #bloggiesta.
  • For fellow participants who are on Twitter, we've created this Twitter list. If you are participating but aren't on here... that means I was unable to find your Twitter handle on your blog! So let us know by commenting here, or sending me (@SueySays ) or @Bloggiesta or @the1stdaughter a message and we'll get you on the list. If you subscribe to the list, you'll easily be able to see what all the participants are tweeting.
  • Also, plan to do lots of blog hopping by clicking on participants links found below on the Mr. Linky. Send lots of encouragement everyone's way and help out with your expertise on all bloggish things!
  • A new addition this year will be three different scheduled Twitter parties! Be sure to attend a least one of them... but better yet, come to all three! Use TweetChat.com to follow the conversation (and it puts the hashtag in for you automatically!) and see what everyone is up to. Those times are:

Friday night at 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Eastern time (EDT)
Saturday afternoon at 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Eastern time (EDT)
Sunday morning at 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Eastern time (EDT)


I think that's it! It's time to go ahead and link up your starting Bloggiesta posts below like this:

"Your Name" from "Your Blog Name" (your Twitter name)

For example, mine would look like: Suey from It's All About Books (@SueySays). And remember, plug in the URL that links up to your to do list, whether you've already posted it, or are just posting it today.

Now... GET TO WORK!!! (And don't forget to break out the salsa and blast some music!)


42 comments:

  1. Can you delete number 7 for me? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alysia... Got it! I think... did I delete the right one?

      Delete
  2. I'm excited!!! YAY! I might do one little thing tonight before I pass out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Friday here in Japan and I'm ready to go! Thanks again for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! Let the fun begin...tomorrow, after I get some sleep. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just put up my starting line post! :D
    My lite version didn't turn out to be so lite, but meh, at least the to do list will give me some direction on what I need to do in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, made the starting post and off to do my mailman job. Might brainstorm along the way for new idea's and I will start once I get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, so I almost broke my blog preparing to participate in this over the next couple days. Luckily, I have an Internet-savvy spouse who fixed it for me. Hooray! I'm back in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie: Oh no! Broken blogs can be freaky!

      Delete
  9. So excited to be participating...thank you for hosting this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Bloggiesta! I forgot to put my twitter handle on my link.... it is bookjourney.
    I will put it on my start up post too!

    May The Odds Be Forever In Your Favor!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uhm, I hope it doesn't matter that I don't do Twitter, I didn't realize how Twitter-focused the Bloggiesta was before reading this post. I'm in anyway :-) and thank you for organizing this all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. parolediscribacchina: Twitter is pretty fun during this event to be able to have a non stop ongoing chat, but no worries if you aren't there. We will find you at your blog!

      Delete
  12. I forgot to post my twitter handle so had to post twice, sorry! Let's roll!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My first Bloggiesta! I'm excited to make things on my blogs even better. Thanks for hosting such an awesome event!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a bit late, but better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This couldn't have come at a better time for me because I have been neglecting my blog the past few months and I am ready to jump back in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yikes! Got the wrong post linked in #106 - could y'all please delete? New one will be up in just a bit.

    Thanks for organizing such a timely spring-cleaning for we bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay, starting line! And I'm off to such a start I forgot to include my Twitter handle in the linky. D'oh! I'm @Nose_in_a_book

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank You so much for hosting Bloggiesta. Both your posts here and twitter posts are so encouraging and upbeat. Can't wait to learn from everyone. Here I go ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Reading through the mini-challenges now - they all look great! Hopefully I'll get something done tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Alright I'm joining! And I'm already off to a great start. I forgot to add my name before my blog name like you told us to. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I couldn't find me in the Twitter List but I did just subscribe if that is helpful. @BkClubCare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Care: I checked and you are on the official Bloggiesta Twitter list! Yep.

      Delete
  22. Awesome, this is going to be a fun weekend! I have a few things on my list done already :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm having so much fun! Even though it is daunting to take on so much blog stuff, I'm still enjoying it! Thanks for taking all of this time do host Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't officially start until tomorrow but my blog needs a bit of an overhaul--spring cleaning, as it were. Love that there are so many with the same idea! Happy Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Bloggiesta! I tried leaving a comment earlier, but Blogger and I were having issues...lol

    Finally after an hour or so, it started cooperating.

    Thanks for hosting and providing all these fun events.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm excited for this - I'm a first-time participant (and a late one at that!). Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks so much for hosting this! I'm so pleased that I realized at the last minute I can really give a couple days to this. I'd been meaning to spend some concentrated time catching up on reviews. Now I can do it with people cheering me on! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Even though the excitement started yesterday, I just got my to-do list up today. Thanks for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm super late to the game, but I've been wanting to spend a couple of days on blog improvements anyway! Looking for ideas, will be shopping around on many of your blogs :D

    http://readseverything.blogspot.in/2012/03/bloggiesta-time-its-time-to-fiesta.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Late to the game as well, but all signed up now.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I couldn't finish my list but at least now I got some reference to see how much I got to go :)
    It was fun though!
    I only wish my family hadn't kept me away from my compy for so long so I could get more work done. ;(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails