Friday, September 16, 2011

BBAW: Tips and Trends


Wow! The last day of BBAW! What a fun week it's been! Weird though, that this is the first week in months were I've actually had reviews to post too. Next week I'll have to catch up on that....

So on to today's post prompt: Share 3 things you are essential tried and true practices for every blogger and 1-3 new trends or tools you’ve adapted recently or would like to in the future.

All the posts I've written this week were done before I saw what everyone else had to say. Today, however, I'm a bit behind, so I've already been looking over several posts and guess what? You are all saying the very same tips I wanted to give! That just means they are pretty important ones!


Blogging Tips

1. Be Yourself! Don't be worrying about what everyone else is doing. Don't be thinking, what should/can I talk about, how should I do this or that, is this way right? The only "right" way is the way it feels right to you. It's a book blog, yes, but if we don't get to know YOU then it's not as fun. When I first started, I was nervous about this bit. I didn't know if  book blog should have personal stuff, but I got over that and now you know probably a little bit too much about me! But I'm hoping that ends up making you want to come visit more often, if I am my real self. And I know I will visit YOU more often if you have your real self show up in your blog too.

2. Be Creative. If you have a great idea, go for it. Try new things. Don't be afraid to push buttons and experiment. Talk to people to get new ideas. Work together with other bloggers to try something. Don't be shy. (I remember saying this one before!)

3. Be happy and have fun! Stay positive on your blog. Rant now and then (because those are a blast!) but not all the time. Be friends with everyone and play well together! If something about blogging starts not being fun, change it up. Don't let blogging become a drudgery, keep it fun and simple and easy. If it starts feeling like too much pressure, step back and figure out why, then change it. 

So those are my very simple tips for the day! As I said, pretty much the same thing everyone else is saying.

Trends

You know, I'm usually the last to know about a new trend, and it takes me forever to jump on board with something, so I have nothing for you here! But I'm having a blast looking over everyone else's posts to see what's new. Be sure to check out the links here to learn along with me. 

I'v had a blast this week. Thanks to everyone who dropped by and I hope you find it interesting enough to come back again. You're all wonderful and I APPRECIATE you all! :)

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway which will be ending soon! You know you want this book!

7 comments:

  1. You have a great blog, so I am sure people will be back over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think being happy and having fun are essentials of blogging!

    As our blogs are reflect our personality, we all look out for different blogging tools. One should go for that which suits her/his blog. One should always keep the reader in mind. After all, we all want readers on our blog. And comments!

    Here is my post:

    BBAW 2011: Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thoughts (as always). I know I get tired of reading a blog that only rants. Those are fun, but not every day. And definitely I like the being true to yourself - it's a slippery thing when you keep trying to figure out how you can be like fill-in-the-blank's popular blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a lot of repeated themes in the posts for today, aren't there? That's ok, though, because I love hearing each individual blogger's take on them. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Work together - yes! Collaboration is one of the most rewarding parts of blogging. Get together with other bloggers and do a read-along, or a joint review. Create a reading challenge or weekly event like this one. There are endless opportunities out there. Even group blogging, like ours, is another example. The blogosphere is a wonderful place. Thanks for sharing your tips!

    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. My trends weren't very new, lol. I'm usually the last to know about it too.

    Great tips! I really appreciate what you wrote. I need to take them to heart more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be creative, Be Yourself & enjoy, great advice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails