Monday, September 19, 2011

A YA "What I've Read" List


It's been awhile since I've done one of these... you know,  "bold the ones you've read" list! Saw this one over at Read This Instead, and I'm in a mood, so here you go (I also added LOVED, if, well, I loved it!):


Alex Finn – Beastly
Alice Sebold – The Lovely Bones
Ally Carter – Callagher Girls (1, 2, 3, 4)
Ally Condie – Matched (1, 2) LOVED
Alyson Noel – The Immortals (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Anastasia Hopcus – Shadow Hills
Angie Sage – Septimus Heap (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Ann Brashares – The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (1, 2, 3, 4) LOVED
Anna Godbersen – Luxe (1, 2, 3, 4)
Anthony Horowitz – Alex Rider (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Aprilynne Pike – Wings (1, 2, 3)
Becca Fitzpatrick – Hush, Hush (1, 2)
Brandon Mull – Fablehaven (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Brian Selznick – The Invention of Hugo Cabret LOVED
Cassandra Clare – The Mortal Instruments (1, 2, 3, 4)
Carrie Jones – Need (1, 2, 3)
Carrie Ryan – The Forest of Hands and Teeth (1, 2, 3, 4)
Christopher Paolini - Inheritance (1, 2, 3, 4) LOVED
Cinda Williams Chima – The Heir Chronicles (1, 2, 3)
Colleen Houck – Tigers Saga (1, 2)
Cornelia Funke – Inkheart (1, 2, 3) LOVED
Ellen Hopkins – Impulse
Eoin Colfer – Artemis Fowl (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Faraaz Kazi – Truly, Madly, Deeply
Frank Beddor – The Looking Glass Wars (1, 2, 3)
Gabrielle Zevin – Elsewhere
Gail Carson Levine – Fairest
Holly Black – Tithe (1, 2, 3)
J.K. Rowling – Harry Potter (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) LOVED
James Dashner – The Maze Runner (1, 2) LOVED
James Patterson – Maximum Ride (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) LOVED
Jay Asher – Thirteen Reasons Why
Jeanne DuPrau – Books of Ember (1, 2, 3, 4)
Jeff Kinney – Diary of a Wimpy Kid (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
John Boyne – The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
John Green – An Abundance of Katherines LOVED
John Green – Looking for Alaska
John Green – Paper Towns LOVED
Jonathan Stroud – Bartimaeus (1,
2, 3, 4)
Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl – Caster Chronicles (1, 2)
Kelley Armstrong – Darkest Powers (1, 2, 3)
Kristin Cashore – The Seven Kingdoms (1, 2)
Lauren Kate – Fallen (1, 2, 3)
Lemony Snicket - Series of Unfortunate Events (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Libba Bray – Gemma Doyle (1, 2, 3)
Lisa McMann – Dream Catcher (1, 2, 3)
Louise Rennison – Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
M.T. Anderson – Feed
Maggie Stiefvater – The Wolves of Mercy Falls (1, 2, 3)
Margaret Peterson Haddix – Shadow Children (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)  LOVED
Maria V. Snyder – Study (1, 2, 3)
Markus Zusak - The Book Thief LOVED
Markus Zusak – I am the Messenger LOVED
Mark Haddon – The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

Mary Ting – Crossroads
Maureen Johnson – Little Blue Envelope (1, 2)
Meg Cabot – All-American Girl (1, 2)
Meg Cabot – The Mediator (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Meg Cabot – The Princess Diaries (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Meg Rosoff – How I live now
Megan McCafferty – Jessica Darling (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Megan Whalen Turner – The Queen’s Thief (1, 2, 3, 4)  LOVED
Melina Marchetta – On the Jellicoe Road  LOVED
Melissa de la Cruz – Blue Bloods (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Melissa Marr – Wicked Lovely (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Michael Grant – Gone (1, 2, 3, 4)
Nancy Farmer – The House of the Scorpion  LOVED
Neal Shusterman – Unwind LOVED
Neil Gaiman – Coraline
Neil Gaiman – Stardust
Neil Gaiman – The Graveyard Book
P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast – House of Night (1,
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 )
Philip Pullman – His Dark Materials (1, 2, 3)  LOVED
Rachel Caine – The Morganville Vampires (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Rachel Cohn & David Levithan – Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist
Richelle Mead – Vampire Academy (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Rick Riordan – Percy Jackson and the Olympians (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Rom LcO’Feer – Somewhere carnal over 40 winks
S.L. Naeole – Grace (1, 2, 3, 4)
Sabrina Bryan & Julia DeVillers – Princess of Gossip
Sarah Dessen – Along for the Ride
Sarah Dessen – Lock and Key
Sarah Dessen – The Truth about Forever

Sara Shepard – Pretty Little Liars (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Scott Westerfeld - Leviathan (1, 2, 3)  LOVED
Scott Westerfeld - Uglies (1, 2, 3)  LOVED
Shannon Hale – Books of a Thousand Days  LOVED
Shannon Hale – Princess Academy  LOVED
Shannon Hale – The Books of Bayern (1, 2, 3, 4)
LOVED
Sherman Alexie & Ellen Forney – The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
Simone Elkeles – Perfect Chemistry (1, 2, 3)
Stephanie Meyer – The Host
Stephanie Meyer – Twilight Saga (1, 2, 3, 4)
LOVED
Sue Monk Kidd – The Secret Life of Bees
Susan Beth Pfeffer – Last Survivors (1, 2, 3)
Suzanne Collins – Hunger Games (1, 2, 3) LOVED
Suzanne Collins – Underland Chronicles (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Terry Pratchett – Tiffany Aching (1, 2, 3, 4)
Tonya Hurley – Ghost Girl (1, 2, 3)
Wendelin Van Draanen – Flipped LOVED
Interesting list to ponder. Many of the ones I haven't read I have on hand ready to read any second (the whole Luxe series, the whole Underland Chronicles for instance.)  Many of the incomplete series I'm dying to finish and/or continue with (Septimus Heap and Bartimaeus for example), but some I don't care about (Alex Rider, Artimus Fowl among others.) There's a bunch I haven't heard of which makes me feel like I better check them out and a bunch I haven't started which makes me feel behind. Gah, so much to read! 

5 comments:

  1. Wait, you've read the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants? And you loved it? Hmmm. Did you Angel, the latest Maximum Ride book???
    I can't do this list it overwhelms me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did love Sisterhood. But you know, maybe the movie influenced that thought because I truly loved the movie.

    Wait, did I read Angel? Okay, I'm losing track and I don't think I read that one yet!!!

    Do the list! I bet you'll bold nearly all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed. You've read a lot of them. This list just reminded me of how many series I need to start and how many I need to finish. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be curious to see how many I have read. I will have to get back to this when I have more time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, you've read a bunch of those! :) I'm going to have to check out the ones you really loved (I've got to start somewhere). I'm thinking I'll go hop on the waiting list for The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails