Saturday, September 24, 2011

Music Stuck in My Head: Waiting by Porcupine Tree

I have a son who has been into this group for years. Mostly when he listens to them, I think, yeah, that's pretty cool. They have some songs, though, that get on my nerves, so I haven't really given them much of a chance. But the other day, I made a random mix cd for the car and put a few of their songs on it. One of them was this song that I just blindly picked from the line up we had on iTunes.

Turns out, I'm LOVING it and so I thought I'd share! You must let me know 1) if you've heard of this group before and 2) what you think of this song. (And people, you've gotta listen to both parts!)

And so I give you WAITING by Porcupine Tree:

Here's Phase One: (which includes singing and awesome guitaring)




And that morphs immediately right into Phase Two, which is all instrumental and lots of drums. I think this is what they call psychedelic music? If so, I love it.



What think you?

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of them. Love the acoustic guitar and beat in the beginning. This may sound strange, but it strikes me as a mix between The Eagles and The Cure. And then in part two, they go to Africa. And maybe a little it of India. Cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley: Glad you enjoyed it. I was beginning to wonder if anyone listened at all! I'm second guessing my whole share a song posts! Oh, well. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails