Saturday, December 7, 2013

Virtual Advent Tour: The Reason for the Season


It's my seventh year participating in this fun blogging tradition, The Virtual Advent Tour, started years ago by Kailana from AWritten World and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader. I love that this tradition is still going strong. Way to go guys!

The idea of these posts is to share some sort of holiday tradition with each other. In the past I've shared our Christmas Eve nativity, our decorating the tree night, our advent box and lots of music. Here's the complete list, just in case you'd like to click back to the past.

2007: Christmas Eve Traditions (including a movie the year the nativity reenactment went to pieces!)
2008: Decorating the Tree (including a yummy cinnamon roll recipe)
2009: The Advent Box: (with a time elapsed video that was a blast to make)
2010: My Love for the Grinch
2011:  I Yust Go Nuts at Christmas!
2012: A Kurt Bestor Christmas

I've had a blast coming up with all these different posts over the years.

For today's post I'd like to share with you a slide show I made years ago for a church Christmas party. I'm venturing into a little bit of new territory as I usually avoid the religious topic for the most part around here, but I feel like for a Christmas celebration, I can break my own rules just a little.

Simply put, this is a slide show made from pictures of the life of Christ set to one of my favorite Christmas songs, Silent Night by Mannheim Steamroller. It gives me chills. I hope you click and watch, and enjoy it and remember the "reason for the season" as they say.



Be sure to check the other advent post today over at Dolce Bellezza's!
And you can find the complete list of blog posts scheduled for the whole month here.

Thanks for dropping by!






8 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in! Unfortunately I couldn't watch your video with sound, so I will have to stop back later for the full effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video the first year is still my favorite! I laugh just thinking about it. Have a very Merry Christmas Suey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done, I got chills too. thanks so much for sharing I enjoyed your advent post. Have a Merry Christmas. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  4. great reminder to "Remember the Season" - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to step back from the rampant consumerism and holiday stress to remember what this season is really all about. Thanks! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful slideshow. Thanks so much for adding to our enjoyment of the season. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All GORGEOUS posts! And I'm off to read your Advent Box post, too. That sounds like something I'd like to do for my kiddo next year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails