Monday, December 30, 2013

Book Review: The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine

Book: The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine
Genre: YA (NA?) Contemporary Romance
Rating:★★★★☆ 
For: Review
From: Edelweiss

Here's one of those books that I requested on a whim. I'd heard nothing about the book or the author. It just sounded interesting, probably because of the good girl bad boy thing. Why that's interesting, I have no idea.

So yes, this is the story of a girl who thinks of herself as every day average. She's not sure what she wants to do with her life, meanwhile she is trying to get good grades and works at her mom's event venue which has a King Arthur theme.

One day while she was at work, a guy attending a wedding chokes on a Little Smoky and Wren (yes I've just read two books back to back with characters named Wren. Weird?) does the Heimlich on him and saves his life. They are instantly attracted. (I'm not one turned off by insta-love, if you are,  this might bug you.)

After that the guy, Grayson, tries to learn more about her and to get to know her, but it turns out to not be that easy. He hopes his bad boy days are over, but he seems to be getting roped into things he'd rather not be doing. And that's a problem if Wren finds out.

I totally enjoyed this book. It bordered on a NA feel for me, even though I think the characters are still in high school. Not sure. But I read it awhile back and should have done the review right away, because frankly, I can't remember that much about it. It was a fun romance, but nothing much else stood out for me.

Bottom line: Fun romance.

Other Reviews:

This is a great book that I highly enjoyed. Addicting from the start, The Promise Of Amazing is a successful story of love and forgiveness. From Books with Bite

I’m so sad to report that this one wasn’t a winner for me. From Anna Reads

It is a typical good-girl-meets-bad-boy young adult novel, but without the cheesy lines or trashy love scenes or beachy setting. From Marjolein Book Blog

1 comment:

  1. Yay for taking chances on unknown books. I know the annoyance of reading and enjoying a book and then remembering nothing of it later! Glad this one was fun though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails