Sunday, December 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo Ends!


So I survived my first try at this Nanowrimo thing. I submitted my words clocking in at 53,775. However, I didn't quite finish the story. It still has a couple more chapters to add. Thanksgiving happened, and I haven't sat down to try and finish things up. And now I'm out of the mode. Wow, that makes such a difference. How can I wrap it up if I haven't been immersed in that story for several days? Ugh. No wonder this exercise makes you pretty much write every day if you want to finish. If you don't write every day you totally lose the flow. I get that now!

Anyway, it was a fun experience. I look forward to slowing down now and spending lots and lots of time making it better and fixing stuff and adding stuff and making the actually story make sense, I hope.

And, I hope I can justify the time spent doing it. If nothing else I promised Kathy she could read it (if I can read hers of course!) but there is no way I'm sharing it until  I fix a TON of things! :)

My husband is convinced I should go on to pursue things further, but I feel like that is so far out there, I can't even go there. Several someones will have to tell me it's good enough to go for it before I can convince myself of that. So we'll see.

Meanwhile, I'll be much more aware of potential stories, because I'm pretty sure I'll be doing this again! It really makes me want to go to more writing conferences, find a writing group and really just... you know.. do it!

Here's to writing in 2014!!

8 comments:

  1. Well done - quite an achievement. I usually put mine away for a couple of months and then go back to it with a fresh eye. It will give you a different perspective. Even if you don't decide to submit to a publisher, do look at publishing with Createspace and Kindle. It gets your book out there with minimal fuss and you have a shiny printed copy in your hand. Let me know if you need help with it. I've published quite a few.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's exciting for you! :) I'd love to join your writing group if you and Kathy want to start one. I'll be much further behind than you two, but I'd love to start writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I think it's awesome that you finished and hope you keep working with what you wrote :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd definitely be up for a writing group! I'm so proud of us for doing this. But right now I feel like I did right after I had a baby & everyone was talking about "the next one." And I was like "I am never doing this again!" :)
    I'm excited to take a break, but I do want to get back to the story again soon. Before I lose my gusto for writing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on reaching 50,000! Good luck finishing the novel off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on hitting 50,000 words! I was like you ... hit the goal but still haven't finished the story. My baby boy came a week before my scheduled delivery date, and three weeks before my due date ... the days I planned to write were a bit of a write off. But for good reason. :)

    Hopefully we can both get back into the writing mode to finish our stories soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails