Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: New-to-me Authors of 2013


The Broke and the Bookish asks us today, what new authors did we discover this past year?

So I looked over my list and I've got a bunch of authors that I never read before that I quite loved. Here's a few:

1. Tahereh Mafi: Her first book was just okay, but I loved her the second one, Unravel Me.
2. Rick Yancey: His book, The 5th Wave, just might go down as my favorite of the year!
3. Rainbow Rowell: So much buzz with her and I enjoyed Fangirl, though I've a feeling I might like her others better.
4. Marie Lu: I heard of her last year, but didn't read her until this past month and was blown away.
5. Maria V. Snyder: Why did it take me so long to read Poison Study, and why is it taking me so long to read the next books in the series?
6. Laini Taylor: Loved the first one, and the second one is waiting!
7. Michelle Argyle: Local author whose books I devoured this year.
8. Jess Walter: Really awesome book, Beautiful Ruins.
9. Ruta Sepetys: I need to read her other book. First one, Between Shades of Gray was fabulous.
10. Lauren Graham: Do you think she'll write another?

What authors did you discover this year?

10 comments:

  1. Hooray for Marie Lu, Maria V. Snyder, and Ruta Sepetys!!! Love their books! I haven't read the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of authors and many of them were new to me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read several of these authors too and really enjoyed books by them, including Lu and Laini Taylor.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yay, the Poison Study trilogy is awesome! So lucky to get to try it for the first time! I read Eleanor & Park as my Rainbow Rowell book and quite liked it. Fangirl is next and I also have Attachments. There are a few authors on this list I would like to get to in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rainbow Rowell has been on so many lists and she is one of the authors I would like to try in 2013.

    My TTT: http://rachaelc94.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-ten-new-to-me-authors-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! We have one in common and it's because of book club, yay! :D Go us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard such good things about Marie Lu. Very tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Er, I added several of these authors to my TBR list in 2013. Does that count? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Poison Study and the rest of the series was almost as good. Definitely worth reading :) I haven't read any of her other series yet, but they're on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy to have met you!!! I love your blog and your reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails