Monday, February 14, 2011

Review: Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George

Book: Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
Genre: YA Fantasy
Rating: A
For: Fun (and Support Your Local Author)
From: bought it at the library book sale

Here's one I've been meaning to read forever. I don't know much about this particular fairy tale, so I had no expectations going in, which means I have no issues with how it was re-told in this story. I just really enjoyed it!

This is the story of 12 princesses who have been cursed with their mother's fate, and must go to the underworld every night at midnight to dance until dawn with the sons of the bad king. Many people, including princes who would like to win their hand in marriage, try to figure out this mystery (since they can't tell anyone where they go) and are all unsuccessful. That is, until Galen comes along. Ah, he's wonderful hero! I really liked him a lot! I mean, after all, he knits! How awesome is that! (And there's even knitting directions included in the book!) And he's very gallant and strong and brave and handsome and just perfect.

There's really not much more to say about this one. It's just a simple and fun, quick and easy, fairy tale. So if you are in the mood for something of that sort... it's definitely one you should try!

Other Reviews:

Becky's Book Reviews
A Year of Reading
Bookish Blather
Charlotte's Library
...and many many others.

4 comments:

  1. My daughter adored this book, so I've been thinking I should pick it up. It does sound like a fun read, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read Entwined, which is based on the same fairytale. It's weird that I hadn't heard of it before and now there's two books based on it. I liked Entwined, so I'll have to give Princess of the Midnight Ball a read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this fairytale. Good review. Thanks.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit, this one did not agree with me. I liked it, but did not love it. I tried to find my review but noticed that I never posted about it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails