Thursday, February 3, 2011

Character Connection: Major Pettigrew


It's Thursday! Which means it's another chance to gush about a character crush and link up over at The Introverted Reader.

Let it be known that I don't end up with character crushes on just the young hotties. Because just last week while reading Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson, I fell quite instantly in love with Major Ernest Pettigrew himself!

Things I love about Major Pettigrew:
-- he is chivalrous
-- he's funny, in a dry sort of way
-- he's shy-ish
-- he's proper
-- he is very sweet
-- he's passionate
-- he cares about his past and his history and his story
-- he likes to read
-- he doesn't care what everyone else thinks.

He's really truly an awesome guy, even though he's.... "old." (Old is getting older and older to me these days. I'm sure some of you can relate!) If you haven't read this book yet, do check it out and see if you don't fall in love too!

6 comments:

  1. And I loved that even though he was so staunchly set in his ways, he was able to grow and change. Who doesn't love that in a man?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to! It is next in line on my Kindle--can't wait...
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have definitely won me over to this book. I must read it. I have just placed a hold on it for my library, and what is even better....it is an e-Book. yay...I finally can use my NOOK for one the primary reason why I got it...for borrowing books via the e-Book format.

    ReplyDelete
  4. +JMJ+

    He does sound very romantic. =)

    The part I like most is his caring about his past. Everyone has a story, of course, but not everyone also cares about it.

    And I agree with you about "old" getting older and older as I myself age. ;-) Which makes Lisa's comment extra wonderful: "old" people (and I include myself, LOL!) tend to be set in their ways, but it takes a great guy to be willing to change when change is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I had this on my tbr but I didn't. I do now! You have described an almost-perfect man. I even like older men! And yes, my definition of "older" is creeping up and up too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa: Agreed!

    Kim: I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

    Ibeeeg: Awesome! My husband and I looked at Nooks the other day. Maybe one day I'll be trying it out!

    Enbrethiliel: Yes, romantic indeed!

    Jen: I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails