Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Book: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Genre: YA Romance
Rating: A
For: Fun and Love Month, and The Twenty Eleven Challenge
From: Bought it at Amazon


Because I saw this one getting rave reviews from tons of favorite bloggers, and because people suggested it for a fun Love Month romantic read, I couldn't wait a second longer and so jumped in and devoured this one!

It's about Anna, of course, who is forced by her father to go get cultured by attending an American boarding school in Paris. She hates the idea, but decides to make the best of it. Of course she meets a very nice guy. Very. Nice. Major problem though, he is already taken. But since when has that stopped anyone, right?

Very simple plot, but lots of swoon worthy bits and wow, does it ever make you want to visit Paris! To climb up the towers of Notre Dame? I think I better add THAT to my Bucket List for sure! And sit on the banks of the Seine eating croissants? How perfect can it get?

And the boy... Etienne St. Clair.... love that name. He's practically perfect too, with dark wavy hair and a British accent and speaks fluent French. But... the thing I truly enjoyed about this romance was that it seemed REAL. He wasn't all that perfect after all. He had his flaws. And stuff happens that seemed REAL...plausible...and the romance took time to develop. And they are truly friends... you know... friends. What a concept, right?

Bottom line: I loved it.

Now let's see if I can remember the bloggers who are to blame for me reading this book:

Fluttering Butterflies
Angieville
Brodi Ashton
Opinions of a Wolf
The Allure of Books
See Michelle Read

And here's a cute, if a little spastic, John Green, who I haven't talked about at all lately, who also LOVED this book:



And speaking of cute, he also mentions one of my other favorite things/people.... Charlie. Charlie is so cool like! DFTBA! :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I was partially to blame for you reading this book. And I'm even gladder you loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Stephanie and I'm planning on reading her book soon as my copy comes in at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really loved this one and I'm glad you loved it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you loved it too!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails