Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Challenges I Did NOT Complete!

Well, at least I try. And it's fun trying, so that's all that really counts, right?

Two challenges that I tried, end this month.

The 2008 TBR Challenge: Read 12 books this year from your TBR stack. Must have had them for 6 months or longer to count as a TBR. I finished 10 and 1/2 ! So close! Books I DID read for this challenge, linked to their review:

Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier
Man and Wife by Wilkie Collins
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
Messenger by Lois Lowrey
The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfeld
Magyk by Angie Sage
Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
Quentins by Maeve Binchy

I'll be signing up for the next installment.... 2009 TBR. More on that later.

Classics Challenge: I thought this one would be easy! But still it was a no go. I really need to get back to reading more classics, my first love in books. However, YA seems to have taken over for the time being. Anyway, I never did get to the Balzac book... and we all know that I failed completely with War and Peace.... BUT I will keep it up. My new goal... finish it by the end of 2009!!! :) And the bonus read, will go on a new challenge list and I'll read it this year for sure.
1. Man and Wife by Wilkie Collins
2. Eugenie Grandet by Balzac
3.The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
4. The Little Prince by Saint Exupéry
5. War and Peace by Tolstoy (currently reading!)
Bonus: The Road by Cormac McCarthy


Post to come..... Challenges I'll TRY next year!

2 comments:

  1. It is fun to at least try, I agree! :-) I didn't complete the TBR Challenge this year either, although you did much much better than I did. I managed only two books for that one. Pretty pathetic!

    I hope to post the list of challenges I'll be joining next year on the 1st. I'm still trying to narrow the list down. So many tempting challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to pop by and wish you a happy new year. I have much to be thankful for, but cannot wait for 2008 to be over. Had an annus horribilis this year where things which were beyond my control happened and I am looking so much forward to 2009 which I am determined shall be better. I will definitely work for it to be a better year than 2008.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR AND SEE YOU IN 2009!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails