Friday, December 19, 2008

Booking Through Thurs.... I mean Friday: Generosity and Treat

The blogging thing... it's just not there for me these past few days. Sad. Hopefully the enthusiasm will come back. I think it's just the overall stress.

I missed Booking Through Thursday yesterday, so instead, I'll Book Through Friday. I meant to do it yesterday, then got sidetracked and then the day was over.

So there were two questions yesterday and they were:

Generosity
Do you give books as gifts?
To everyone? Or only to select people?
How do you feel about receiving books as gifts?

Treat
What is the best book you ever bought for yourself?
And, why? What made it the best? What made it so special?

Yes, I give books as gifts. I love to. I think it's so fun. And yes to pretty much everyone. I feel nervous sometimes, thinking that THEY might find it boring. But, usually people seem to like it. And of course I love to get books as gifts. In fact, it's pretty much the best thing ever.

The best book I ever bought for myself? That's such a hard one. I have no idea how to answer that one! (Maybe this is why I procrastinated this question yesterday then never got to it!) All the books are all special. In fact, that's why it's hard to give therm away and loan out sometimes, and let my kids trash them in back packs and to weed through and discard them. I can't.

Some of the most special ones are the ones I get personally signed, a hobby I sort of just got into this past year. Personally signed books include the first two Twilight books, The Goose Girl, James Dashner books, Fablehaven and other Brandon Mull books, Farworld, Elantris.

Special books I wish were signed: Paper Towns, The Book Thief and.... I don't know... lots my but my brain can't think....

It will be fun to see what books we end up with after Christmas! So excited!

4 comments:

  1. I think we all go through these periods where we lose the blogging bug. I hope you have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy! You have a Christmas Spirit Award waiting for you at my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother-in-law gave me books for Christmas (paperback set of The Kingdom & The Crown trilogy) but I already had them in hardback. I wanted to hide my shelf so she wouldn't see the duplicity, because I love getting books as gifts. But she found out anyways. I also love to give books as gifts, but that's difficult when you can't be sure they wanted the book. Also, thanks millions and millions for sharing Paper Towns with me. Did you enjoy Sweethearts? :) -chelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I did enjoy Sweethearts.. better than Story of a Girl... and I meant to loan that one out to you too, but the moment passed and I didn't grab it. You can borrow it whenever!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails