Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Book Loot or What We Got

For those interested, here's the list of books that ended up under our tree:

For The Mr.:

Everyman by Philip Roth
The Lighthouse by P.D. James
1001 Places to See Before You Die (USA/Canada version)

For me:

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
The Reluctant Widow by Georgette Heyer
501 Must Read Books
Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast (from my secret santa Ruthie )
Dashing Through the Snow by Mary and Carol Higgins Clark (from my neighbor)


For Bud (19 year old son):

The first three books in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan
The new John Lennon biography

For JJ (17 year old daughter)

The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray by Chris Wooding
Princess Ben by Cathrine Murdock
The Twilight Movie book thing
A huge Ansel Adams coffee table type book


For Moder (13 year old son):

Books 2, 3, and 4 of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan

For Toto (9 year old daughter):

Ever by Gail Carson Levine
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale

I can't wait to read them all! In fact, this evening I've finished The Hunger Games. Wow! Amazing. Stinkin' cliff hanger though so I hope that means this is a series and there's more to come. (It did say "End of Book One" at the end... that's a pretty good clue, right?) I didn't realize it was, so now I'm hoping. I need to read four more books to get to the year end 100 mark. It's possible, but not probable. I should be reading right now instead of playing on the computer. But I needed to blog something!

4 comments:

  1. I just finished Hunger Games yesterday. It was under the tree for me too. :) So good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the haul! I didn't get any books at all! Maybe I'll do my Sunday Salon on what the boys got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, every one of you did pretty well in the book department. Happy Reading and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails