Thursday, December 11, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Time is of the Essence



Booking Through Thursday


1. Do you get to read as much as you WANT to read?
(I’m guessing #1 is an easy question for everyone?)

2. If you had (magically) more time to read–what would you read? Something educational? Classic? Comfort Reading? Escapism? Magazines?

Question 1: Ummm..... let me think..... I would say...... no, I mean, NO! :) What I want to do is curl up on the couch, wrapped in a blanket and read all day, with just a bit of nourishment here and there.


Question 2: If suddenly I had more time to read, what would I read? Well, I'd love to read all the big fantasy epic series like all the George R.R. Martin books, and The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, and The Discworld adventures by Terry Pratchett. And on and on. It seems those types of books get pushed to the back in my reading choices, yet I'm always hoping to get to them.



If I had more time to read, I'd go through all the important classics... like the books listed in the book A Lifetime Reading Plan. I would re-read all my favorite classics and childhood favorites.



If I had more time to read, I would finally get to every book my favorite authors have written, even the really obscure, not easily found books!



If I had more time to read, I'd double, no, triple the amount of YA I read.

If I had more time to read, I'd get more non-fiction in.... memoirs and biographies and fun travel books.

If I had more time to read, I'd sign up for the ARC things that many of you do and help promote new and up and coming authors.



So until then, when I do have more time (yeah right), I'll just try to fit in what I can, and find some time to read, no matter what.


11 comments:

  1. You described me exactly.Urban fantasy gets pushed aside and yet I am always hoping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's impossible. There is not way we could ever have enough time to read. My BTT is up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right. We never really have enough time to read and I know I keep adding books to lists and in my head that I want to read. Sometimes I manage to even remember what I want to read and pick the book up from the library or the store, but often I come home with new books that weren't on any lists and then I read them and then I find new books and add them to lists and....oh well, the lists keep growing and there is never enough time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robert Jordan is such a long series. I got through five or six books before I just gave up. How many are there now? Over ten?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeane, yes over ten. He died and his wife has asked Brandon Sanderson to continue the series, and I think it's #12. This is what brought it to my attention in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That sounds like a tough job, to complete someone else's series. And Jordan had so many characters and plot things going on, too. I admire that someone's carrying it on for his fans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the big epic fantasy series that I really want to read that get pushed aside for me too! Or, I will read one and then never get to the rest of them. I hate it... Some of those series are really good but I don't have enough time for them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment. Can anyone ever have enough time to read? I pulled #5 out of school for a session of home schooling so now I can justify much reading as long as it's out loud and his age level. We've read Old Yeller and Prince Caspian. I was wondering if To Kill a Mocking Bird would be to much for him?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy Mom: You know... with you reading it out loud to him, he'd probably actually really like it. The tougher themes would go right over his head, unless you decide to explain everything and make it a homeschooling lesson or something. Scout is only 8 and 9 after all. I had forgotten she was so dang young!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so with you on this one!!! More time to read everything, please!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails