Monday, September 22, 2008

Upcoming Book Club Schedule

Last week I had the book club over for the first meeting of the "new year." We take a summer break, so fall is when we start over and plan our schedule. Anyway, I thought perhaps some of you may be interested to see what we've come up with to read this next year:

October: The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
November: Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
December: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (to support our library's Big Read program)
January: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
February: The Princess and the Hound by Mette Ivie Harrison (local author)
March: Elantris by Brandon Sanderson ( local author)
April: Mrs. Mike by Benedict Freedman
May: The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (because so many of the group haven't read it yet)


And hopefully, The Kite Runner, also because so many of the group haven't read it yet. But we were hoping for a book club set, and it's all booked up at this point. So we'll wait to see on this one.

What do you think? I'm very excited about them all!

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Blue Castle! It's marvelous, and was I mentioning to you that there was a musical produced here on it a few years ago?
    Enjoy LM and Valency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great list!

    I still need to read To Kill A Mockingbird - it's hubby's favorite book.

    Wuthering Heights is one of my all time favorites.

    Brandon Sanderson is the author I'm stalking at the moment (for his work on The Wheel of Time series). I read Elantris a few months ago and reviewed it on my blog.

    My book club loved The Secret Life of Bees - we're planning to see the movie together when it finally comes out.

    We also read The Kite Runner, and paired it with the movie. I wouldn't recommend that though - just stick with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather: I assume you've been keeping up with Brandon's blog then? He has been adding tons to it these days. I know nothing about the Wheel of Time except for the fact that it's HUGE deal that he's found himself in!

    I look forward to the movie of The Secret Life of Bees. And I thought the movie of The Kite Runner was pretty good actually. Of course, as always, the book was better.

    Raidergirl: I started The Blue Castle yesterday and am really enjoying it so far!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails