Sunday, September 21, 2008

Review: Schooled by Gordon Korman


Book: Schooled by Gordon Korman
Genre: YA
Rating: A
For: Scholastic Book Fair

I totally enjoyed this book! It's about a kid (named Capricorn... Cap for short) who has been raised by his grandma in a "hippy" commune... only it's not really a commune anymore since it's just him and his grandma. Well, one day, his grandma gets hurt and has to spend a couple of months at the hospital so Cap is thrust into "normal" society. Of course, this includes going to junior high school and all that implies. Poor Cap.

Or maybe we should say poor entire junior high school! This is a great story with a great moral. It reminded a lot of Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. I loved it.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read it yet, but it is here, and my son has read it twice. Swindle is Korman's latest, my son approves of it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a quote for a school project!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails