Tuesday, September 2, 2008

August Recap

Well. Compared to the rest of the year reading-wise, August was the worst so far! Here's what I managed:

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer: Bella, Edward and Jacob's stories continue in this surprising (to me anyway) conclusion.

Dragon Flight by Jessica Day George: The sequel to Dragon Slippers where Creel and her dragons are faced with yet another war.

The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau: A city is dying and only two young kids may possibly have the answer to save it.

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon: Joe Kavalier escapes to New York just before WWII hits and teams up with his cousin Sam Clay, to create comic books.

House and Home by Kathleen McCleary: Ellen has a bit of a mid-life crisis when she has to sell her beloved house. (Look for my review coming this Friday along with a guest post by the author!)

Wow! Only five books. What's up with that? I blame it on Kavalier and Clay which alone took up two weeks out of the month.

And how's War and Peace coming along you might ask? Hmmmm... not too quickly though I did read more and moved my bookmark along maybe a good 50 pages or so. I'm almost half way there...I think.

Here's hoping September is a bit better, though I wouldn't count too much on it!

1 comment:

  1. I think I read ONE book in August. ONE. And haven't even reviewed it yet. Hmm. Maybe I'll go do that now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails