Friday, February 12, 2016

Bookish Events These Past Couple Months

I don't know what it is about this time of year, but the book signings and book events are coming at us in droves. The thing is, I want to go to ALL of them. But alas, other stuff happens in live too besides book things and it's pretty much impossible!

But I thought it would be fun to share through pictures some of the events of the past little while. In few months, I'll do another one, because there are many coming up too!
Just the other night we visited with Lindsey Leavitt,
whose books I enjoy so much I pretty much bought them all!
And look at that fun crowd we pulled together to hang with!
Awesome!

Just last week the friends went to see Marissa Meyer.
I couldn't go since I had tickets for the The Producers the same night.
And I was so sad to miss it especially since
  it was the first time friend Jayne (on the right) got to come!
And she won the ARC of Heartless!
She was the star of the night!


This is Bil Lepp.
He's on of the best storytellers that comes every year to the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival.
Here's an example of what he's like.
A couple weeks ago he came and did a special telling just for us library employees.
He was awesome as expected and had us in stitches.

The regular crowd seeing Ally Carter for the second book
in her Embassy Row series, See How they Run.
I need to try some of her books! 

Ally Carter.
Ally Carter... she was very funny.
Lots of lovely stories.


Here's Toto with Lindsey Stirling and her sister who helped her
write this book: The Only Pirate at the Party.
Don't know Lindsey Stirling?
Check out her amazing talent here.

We waited in a 2 1/2 hour line to see her.
It was crazy and they shoved us through,
so that was maddening, but all in all, still lots of fun.

During the Christmas break we had a family girls night
and brought the crowd to the launch party for
Endure by Sara B. Larson.

Sara Larson signing books!

Sara Larson,
She always has fun stuff to say and wins the award for cutest author I think.

Here we are waiting!
Ah...so much fun going to author events! In a month or so, I'll have another bunch to post!

3 comments:

  1. There really has been a ton of events , hasn't there? I can't believe how many I miss. It's hard balancing life and books. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Jayne won a ARC! Beginners luck!! I'm glad author events are happening. I've missed them. I wish they would be more steady and not in feasts and famines though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I considered going to the Lindsey Stirling signing here, but it just didn't end up happening. I bet she was a fun person to meet. I'll have to pick up her book sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails