Friday, February 19, 2016

BBAW Day Five: Blogger Burnout



Blogger burnout... that thing that happens when you are sick of blogging, out of ideas, bored with what you have to say, tired of keeping up and etc. I suppose it happens after you've been at it for awhile, but it happens to newbies too I'm sure. I've been at this awhile, and have had only rare moments of it, thankfully, so for today's BBAW prompt I thought I'd just make a list of things I've found that helps.

  • take a break
  • try something new
  • keep reading and continue to at least write reviews
  • start a project with another blogger
  • blog about something not book related
  • participate in an event that kickstarts the enthusiasm again
  • forget about the rules 
  • take a longer break
  • review a movie
  • host a read along
  • be easy on yourself
  • don't stress about it because it's supposed to be for fun and not a job
  • take time to comment on other blogs instead of writing a blog post
  • if you take a break, when you miss it, start up again!
That's all I have. But I think it covers the basics for getting through a burnout period! What things do you do when you're feeling this?


8 comments:

  1. These are great ideas. Take it easy on yourself is probably my favorite--and the hardest lesson I've had to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good ideas! I think not making blogging a chore is the biggest one. If end up hating it because you've made it not fun, then you won't want to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo... I like that advice about starting a project with another blogger! That sounds like it could be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your 4th idea is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. - If you take a break, maybe don't make it a year-long one... (I speak this from experience. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas, I especially like the one where you comment on other blogs and just take a break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ideas. You talk about taking breaks but I love that you mention fun stuff to do that's new and exciting to jump start your blogging desire. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails