Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Past and Future



Today's prompt from The Broke and the Bookish is sort of a two parter (well, I'm making it that way at least) and is all about the past and the future.  Here are my two little lists:


Five Historical Settings I Love

1. Regency of course! Anything in this time period! What is about this era? I have no idea, but it's lovely to read about.

2. Also, anything from the medieval times or dark ages. You know, King Arthur type stuff. Love love love it. I think this era is fascinating just for the fact that people actually survived it.


3. I also enjoy stories sent during World War II because of the resilience of those people. Strong amazing characters all around.


4. Early American, especially western frontier type books featuring cowboys and Indians, though I haven't read a huge amount of these types, but when I do, I love it.


5. Stories from the British Tudor period are especially fun and fascinating too.




Five Futuristic Books I Love

1. These Broken Stars (and its trilogy). All the perfect elements of science fiction!


2. Through the Ever Night (and its trilogy). The pairing of a futuristic society with a rugged nomad society is fascinating.

3. Partials (and its trilogy). Set in the very near future, this one seems like it could totally happen.


4. Legend (and its trilogy). Ditto for this one.


5. The Sparrow. This book kills me. KILLS me.


Fun prompt this week!  I know there's many more I could add to each list.
What's on your list?

11 comments:

  1. I used to not like WWII books, but I have grown to really love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love regency and Tudor period books too. I need to read the rest of The Partials series. I could NOT get into The Sparrow. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: I remember it took me awhile to get into it, but then. Sheesh.

      Delete
  3. I've always loved WWII books of any kind. Recently, I've been digging westerns, too. Who knew? I loved both VENGEANCE ROAD and UNDER A PAINTED SKY. Last month, I also read a travel memoir about The Oregon Trail (THE OREGON TRAIL by Rinker Buck) that was interesting. Fun Mormon stories in it, too.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan: You've always been ready with a Western recommend for me! I've heard of Under a Painted Sky and it's getting bumped to higher up the pile!

      Delete
  4. An enthusiastic YES to everything except the Western setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: You should try a Western/cowboy one sometime... just to make sure...

      Delete
  5. I have a couple of the same time periods on my list as well. I need to read some more westerns and also science fiction. I'll have to check out some of your futuristic books. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These Broken Stars was such an amazing book! It really surprised me, since I don't particularly like science fiction.

    My TTT.

    Also, feel free to check out our giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, The Sparrow. I swear my heart still hurts every time I even think about it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails