Friday, July 31, 2015

July 2015 Reading Recap



Favorite picture from July:
Our Spanish Steps selfie... cracks me up.
Celebrating the 4th of July in Rome!


Not a bad month considering the craziness going on around here. Most of these books were ones I started in June and finished in July. Here's the list:



The Duff by Kody Keplinger: Bianca is hurting, so she uses Wesley as her distraction. 

Animal Farm by George Orwell: What happens when animals take over the farm and become human like? Nothing too good, that's for sure.

This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: A rebel and a soldier team up to solve the mystery of their world and stop a war.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare: Tessa is wanted by an evil Master for her shape shifting powers and the rest of the Shadow Hunters must thwart this plan.

Elevated by Elana Johnson: What happens when you get stuck in a elevator with the guy you've been avoiding for months? A massive catharsis that's what!

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch: Spring has taken over Winter and all the Winterians want is their kingdom back and their young king on the throne once again.

American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang: A young Chinese American boy comes to terms with his heritage with the help of an old ancient legend.


Favorites of the month: This Shattered World, Elevated and American Born Chinese. Reviews on those last two coming soon. 


Plans for August:
  • Utah Book Month! (There'll be more detailed post on what I hope to read coming soon.)
  • Re-read Not in the Script for book club and our Utah Book Month Read Along
  • Read Eleanor by Johnny Worthen
  • Read How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr
I can't wait to get started... which is why I didn't! LOL!


6 comments:

  1. Love the picture. You managed to get right back into the swing of things readingwise after your trip. I need to catch up on blogging and get my August book month plans up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture is awesome! You read so much even with your trip. I only finish 3 (maybe 4 if I can finish it today) books this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got some good reading in among all the other stuff you were doing this month! I'm glad you're going to read HOW TO SAVE A LIFE. It's one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great month for books! I need to read Duff.
    Happy August reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You read a lot! Stuey's face in that picture cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say that's a very good month considering the craziness!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails