Friday, July 10, 2015

Europe 2015 By The Numbers



Sunset in Florence Italy


Sometimes after having an epic adventure, I like to sum up the experience by making a numbers list.

And so I give you, Europe 2015 by the numbers:

Plane rides: 6
Train rides (not counting trams or subways): 6
Boat rides: 3
Bus rides: 4
Cars rented: 1
Taxi rides taken: 3
Countries visited: 7 (France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, The Vatican and Monaco)
Princes seen: 1
Popes seen: 0
Big famous cities visited: 11 (Nice, Verona, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Munich, Zurich, Interlaken, Florence, Rome, Venice, Monte Carlo)
Small non famous cities visited: 10 plus (Eze, Brienze, Brannenburg, Parma, the five Cinque Terre villages, San Gimigiano, Fussen, Wimmis, etc.)
Average miles walked each day: 6
Average steps taken each day: 17,000
Fastest we drove on the autobahn: 160 kmh
Photocops that busted us: 1 (going 100 in an 80 kmh tunnel, but we still don't know if we really got busted)
Tunnels driven though: countless
Ten mile long tunnels driven through: 1
Alp summit driven over: 1
Pictures posted to Instagram: 63
Selfies posted to Instagram: 7
Airbnb apartments we stayed at: 6
Times we almost got pick pocketed: 1 (that we know about anyway)
Naked statues we saw: countless
Castles/palaces we visited: 5 or so
Churches/Basilicas we visited: probably 10 at least
Guided tours we went on: 5
Hikes we hiked: 1 big one, several little ones
Whole pizzas I ate: 4
Different kinds of pastas I tried: 10 at least
Gelato consumed: countless
Roman arenas visited: 2
Waiters fallen in love with: 1 (I thought there'd be more gorgeous Italian waiters, but no, this one was an Austrian boy.)
Different ways we learned to say thank you: 3 (merci, danka, gratze)

I'm sure there are many many other things I could list but I'll leave it at that for now! Stay tuned for more trip posts. You know they're coming!





13 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed your trip by proxy via Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip. Europe will always remain one of my favorite places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this, especially that last one! I'm so glad you are home!!! I missed you! We need a GNO pronto!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami: You really missed me??? :) I'm looking forward to next week's events!

      Delete
  4. Glad you're home. It sounds like you had a blast. I want more photos. 67 isn't enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: More pics, eh? I'll probably do a some more picture posts.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Tasha: the Prince of Monaco waved to us as he was whisked home to his palace!

      Delete
  6. This was fun to read!! I had the same question as Tasha, too. Can't wait to read more about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! What a trip! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I love by the numbers posts. It's fun to see all the things you did. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails