Friday, August 9, 2013

Utah Book Month 2013: First Lines Quiz


My mini challenge this year for Utah Book Month is very similar to last year... the difference is that this year it's a first lines quiz (from Utah books of course!) whereas last year I picked random quotes. Don't know if that will be it harder or easier, but we'll see.

I tried to pick different books from the ones I had on the list last year. Yes, we could actually do this quiz every year and have different books for a long long time!

I did learn last year that I need to provide a list of the books for you to choose form, sort of a matching kind of quiz. You all said that it was "TOO HARD" without the list!

Also, there's a PRIZE! Whoever gets the most right can pick the book of their choice from the list of books featured in the quiz. (If there's a tie, I'll have to do a random number thing.)

Oh and this challenge is open to everyone, all my readers of the blog, whether you are in Utah or participating in Utah Book Month, or not.

The challenge will be open through the month of August. I will announce the winner (and reveal the answers) on September 3 (after Labor Day here in the states is over!)

The first line quotes are in the form below, but here's the list of books you can choose from:

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
A Loser's Guide Life and Love by Ann Cannon
Wolves, Boys and Other Things that Might Kill Me by Kristen Chandler
My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters by Sidney Salter
The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
Insomnia by J.R. Johansson
The 13th Reality by James Dashner
Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams
Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr

Okay! Are you ready?

Fill out this form with your answers:
(Be sure to include your email so I can contact you if you win!)

Good luck!!

Updated to add: Remember, no fair Googling!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow. This looks like so much fun. I'm going to give it a try (probably tomorrow), and I'm going to try very hard to refrain from Googling things, Amazoning things, or bookshelfing things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I just entered. I did not use the internets, but I couldn't help double checking the three I owned!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so fun! I'm happy I waited until near the end of the month to do this because I'd only read one of these books at the beginning. :) These quotes always make me want to read the books they're from, so I'm excited to see which books go with the quotes I didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so fun! I'm happy I waited until near the end of the month to do this because I'd only read one of these books at the beginning. :) These quotes always make me want to read the books they're from, so I'm excited to see which books go with the quotes I didn't know.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails