Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I Wish Had Sequels


So...today's prompt over at The Broke and the Bookish is books that you wish had a sequel. In looking over my books read lists, wow, I think almost all of them are sequel/series books! It's been interesting to see that.

Then I sort of ran out of time to ponder this prompt further .... and THEN, I saw Jessica's post over at The Bluestocking Society and how she has tied it Utah Book Month, and I thought, duh, why didn't I think of that? So now I'm blatantly copying her, only I tried to not look at her list so I won't totally copy THAT... I hope. But I think there's going to be a few matches anyway.


Ten UTAH books I wish had sequels

1. Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson: the king of massive series, and THIS one is stand alone? What's up with that?

2. The Hollow City by Dan Wells: (wait Utah/Germany... I'm so confused!) I need more because I just am not sure I get it!

3. Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George: So I think this story wrapped up pretty good (it's been a long time ago that I read it) but I wouldn't mind more in this fairy tale world.

4. My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters by Syndey Salter: I just really loved Gideon and would love to read more about him.

5. Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale: Such an awesome book. We need more!

6. Sweethearts by Sara Zarr: I would like to know if this could be a happy story after all.

GAH!! Everything is part of a series!! Hmmm... what else....

7. So the John Wayne Cleaver books are part of a series I know, but I love this character so much that I really hope there's more with him, or a spin off or something. Wait, is that Dan Wells again? Does he count? Germany/ Utah , same diff, right?

8. I wouldn't mind more from the Elantris world Mr. Brandon Sanderson, and I know you have scattered characters throughout the other books, but that doesn't count.

9. Here's hoping Transparent by Natalie Whipple has a sequel AND....

10. Also, Insomnia by J.R. Johansson...but I know that one does. So, yay!

Whew. What's with nearly ALL the books having sequels already? Hmmm?





4 comments:

  1. Transparent does have a sequel coming out. You can see more on Natalie's blog. I kinda want a sequel to Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow as well, but there isn't too much more to the fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a lot of series too so that's what I went with. Good idea hooking it in with the "reading Utah" thing. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  3. More John Cleaver PLEASE, I totally agree, loved that series. I didn't enjoy Hollow City as much. I haven't read the new series, maybe that will hold us over :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! And your list turned out pretty different than mine. It was hard to find books that are NOT part of series!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails