For this challenge, you simply need to guess which book each of these quotes are from. (No fair googling or other such looking up procedures!)
Of course, each of these books was written by a Utah author... a well known Utah author for the most part. Please fill out the form with your guesses. The person with the most correct answers will win one of these books (whichever one they choose) as their prize. (In the event that there is a tie for the most correct answers, I will pick randomly from those winners.)
Oh, and be sure to head over to the GRAND PRIZE page here to enter there once you've completed this challenge!
1. She gritted her teeth as the time passed. How long had she been kneeling? An hour, maybe longer.
2. I trip on a rock, dodge a bush too late. It sinks its teeth, its prickly seeds into my clothes and my leg. Our feet crunch frost.
3. "You are without a doubt the weirdest guy I have ever met."
4. It's Friday night at Ballad of the Sad Cafe and the air smells like melodrama and espresso.
5. He wanted to prolong the evening. He wanted to keep chatting... or something.
6. I looked at the charcoal drawing he left behind. The black lines laced together into the silhouette of a lone, familiar tree.
7. Everything about this school was wrong.
8. The lass hesitated, but only for a moment. There was a singing in her blood and her heart pounded as though it would leap out of her chest.
9. "My preserve is a secret. I have all the necessary licenses, but if my neighbors complained, those could be revoked. You must not tell a soul, not even your parents."
10. The enormous stone wall to the right of them seemed to defy every known law of physics as it slid along the ground, throwing sparks and dust as it moved, rock against rock. The crunching sound rattled his bones.
Please fill out the following form with your guesses. Title of the book is required, author is optional. Don't forget to add your contact information so I can reach you if you win! Open to everyone! Contest will close at the end of Utah Book Month on August 31. I will announce the winner on September 4 (after Labor Day weekend.)
It's not required, but if you'd like to leave me comment, because I love comments and all, you can tell me what is the favorite Utah book that you've read. Or if you haven't read one, what is one that you are anxious to read. I'd love to know!
EDITED TO ADD: I've decided, after some feedback, that this quiz is too hard! So... it's going to be a matching thing now and I will give the list of books these quotes are from. So now, you an MATCH the book to the quote. Okay? So... here's the list of books, in random order of course!
The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale
I Don't Want to Kill You by Dan Wells
Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
Back When You Were Easier to Love by Emily Wing Smith
Crossed by Ally Condie
Variant by Robison Wells
Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George