Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Supporting Roles


With this prompt,  favorite secondary characters, it makes me wonder how to actually define a secondary character, you know? So see if you think I got it right or if you think some of my characters are actually main characters!

Top Ten Favorite Secondary Characters

1. Roar from the Under the Never Sky comes to mind first. What an awesome character he is!
2. Simon from The Mortal Instrument series... since this has recently been on my radar, he has come to mind quite quickly. He's my favorite character in these books (well the two I've read so far.)
3. In The Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves, do you think Adam is a secondary character? If so, then I list him! (Wouldn't you say Blue and Gansey are the mains?)
4. Sydney Carton in A Tale of Two Cities! (Assuming Lucy and Charles are the mains here!)
5. Bean in Ender's Game. Bean WILL be in the movie, right?
6. Bast from The Wise Man's Fear books. Ah, he's awesome!
7. Lan from The Wheel of Time series. Sa-woon. Dang, I need to start reading these books again.
8. Legolas from The Lord of the Rings series. He's in a supporting role, yes?
9. Gale from The Hunger Games. Yep, that's right. Team Gale.
10. And of course someone from Harry Potter.... now who should it be? Snape is not a main character, right? (Now do you see what I mean with my above disclaimer? This is HARD!) No, he is not, so I say... I love Snape!


Wow, heavy on the fantasy, yes? Man, some people write some pretty awesome fantasy characters though! Agree or disagree? (With either my list, awesome fantasy characters OR the fact that I deemed these guys secondary characters.) I really want to know!

Who would you put on your list? Link up over at The Broke and the Bookish!




6 comments:

  1. I love Snape, too.

    And Bean.

    And the incomparable Sydney Carton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Legolas, yes, he's a great (supporting) character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snape and Bean are AWESOME! I think they both stole the show...story. The movie is going to combine Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, so yes, lots of Bean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I knew Roar would be at the top of your list! He's on mine, too, because, really, what's not to love about him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a hard time defining a secondary character too. I went to goodreads and if they weren't listed as a main character I figured they were a secondary character. And yes I'm with you on Legolas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't help you figure this one out - the only book I've read of these is the first Harry Potter. Shameful that I haven't read A Tale of Two Cities but can I get credit for at least having watched the Lord of the Ring movies?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails