Friday, June 7, 2013

Movie Review: Iron Man 3

Movie: Iron Man 3
Genre: Science Fiction
Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Guy Pearce, Ben Kingsley
Rating: PG 13
My Rating: Two thumbs up

I loved the first movie, but the second one was BORING. So I was a bit leery about this third movie. And then, everyone that went come out raving about it like crazy. So, I had to give it chance. It took awhile, but we finally saw it this last weekend!

I totally enjoyed it though I still have to say that first one, the creation of Iron Man himself, is still the best. Don't you think?

Anyway, the villains in this movie were awesome. And the little boy. And of course all the snarky (starky? Ha!) comments Mr. Stark makes all the time. Wow, you have to be paying attention or they will go right over your head! But I love that. Pay attention!

Did I say the villains were awesome? And a bit scary. The whole time I thought it was Val Kilmer and not Guy Pearce. Anyone else? Why do I get them so mixed up! I was so excited to see Val Kilmer again! But nope, not him.
Val Kilmer

Guy Pearce
Anyone? No?

So, wow, this movie was crazy! That Ben Kingsley character? Crazy! Funny to see him with such a role. That twist with Pepper and all? Wow! And then, it looks like this is it, it's all over....but wait, is it really? I won't be holding my breath or anything.

But of course, the best thing, the very very best thing about this movie is and will always be:


Bottom line: Totally enjoyable romping adventure movie!

And the trailer for those who would like it:


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! I liked the first but thought the second was just meh, so I wasn't planning on watching this. (Like, not even from the redbox) But maybe I should give it a chance? :)
    I totally thought that was Val Kilmer, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy: Yeah, it's definitely worth a Redbox! I was anxious to get to it before it left the theater because I could tell it would be a good big screen one!

      Delete
  2. I wondered how good it would be. I'm not a big fan of Gwyneth Paltrow.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were not alone in thinking it was Val Kilmer!! I totally thought this too!!!

    I liked this one probably the best of all the movies, even the first. The second is definitely the weakest of them all. I'm really curious to see where they are going to take it from here though. It has me intrigued!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED this movie. It was definitely a BIG bag of buttered popcorn movie...not just viewed on my big TV!

    I adore RDJ and his snarky one liners make me giggle out loud. It was weird how many people didn't catch them and when I would laugh out loud you could hear other people begin to twitter and catch on. I loved the that he went more 'low tech' and that I got a bit more character development. And to think I didn't rush out to see this one first week! It was definitely the best of the bunch for me.

    PS...I avoided reading this post until I officially saw the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not the best out of the three, but still fun and entertaining for anyone who wants to see Tony Stark at it again. Good review Suey.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails