Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Book Review: Paris, An Inspiring Tour of the City's Creative Heart by Janelle McCulloch

Book: Paris, An Inspiring Tour of the City's Creative Heart by Janelle McCulloch
Genre: NF Travel
Rating:★★★★★
For: Travel research
From: The library

To prepare for our epic adventure trip, I've of course been reading some travel books. I decided I should share this one that I stumbled upon at the library with you because it was just so cool.

It's a physically beautiful book, just the way it's made and put together. I was so impressed. Even a ribbon bookmark included! Heavy sturdy pages, vibrant color and it smelled so so so bookish!

But the thing that makes it most beautiful is the photographs, because for the most part, this is a photo journal of Paris. I loved them all.

Then the author takes us on a tour of some of her favorite Paris neighborhoods. The city is divided into 20 or so of them, each with a distinct personality. She talked about that personality and then walked us through the actual neighborhood describing specific things we would see, out the way places, and popular places both.

At the end of the book all the places she mentioned are listed by category, with addresses and phone numbers. Some of the categories are: bookstores, stationary stores, fabric stores, tea houses, patisseries, museums, boutiques, etc. I wanted to write them ALL down, but in the end I decided that it would stress me out trying to find some of these places, because I know we will barely have time to see all the big things!

Oh well. It was really fun to read and maybe I'll see all these quaint spots next time!

Bottom line: It truly is a beautiful and inspiring book.

Other Reviews:

Visually rich and totally inspiring, Paris is a treasure for lovers of art, style, design, food, and, of course, Paris! From The Greatest Books of All Time

This beautiful book is organized by arrondissement, and reveals little gems at every turn. From Inspired Design



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails