Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Travel Themed Books


I had fun with this prompt! I think I could have listed a ton more! But see what you think of these books with/about/including travel.

Top Ten Travel Themed Books

1. The Long Walk by SÅ‚awomir Rawicz (walking through Siberia/Mongolia/China to escape prison camp)
2. Follow the River by Alexander Thom (following the Ohio River to get back home after being kidnapped)
4. A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson (hiking the Appalachian Trail)
5. Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (floating down the Mississippi)
6. Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry (going on a cattle drive)
7. Paper Towns by John Green (a road trip to find your friend)
6. Sacajawea by Anna Lee Waldo (exploring the Louisiana Purchase with Lewis and Clark)
8. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (on a quest to get rid of the One Ring)
9. Ordeal by Hunger by George R. Stewart (a pioneer company gets stuck in Nevada)
10. The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell (space travel to other planets)

Some awesome books in this list! And finally a few that I've not mentioned before! (Sometimes I feel like I'm listing the same books over and over and over again.)

What fun travel books should I be reading? I think I love them actually. Be sure to come and link up over at The Broke and the Bookish!


8 comments:

  1. Follow the River is one of the best books I've read. I read it nearly 10 years ago, and I still think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have put Lord of the Rings on my list as well!!! What was I thinking!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many books from my TBR! Namely, I'm most excited about Paper Towns and The Sparrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list of books. A Walk in the Woods is such a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sparrow is one of my all-time favorites (and is on my list this week). Plenty more for me to check out on your list! Can't believe I didn't think of LOTR when I was putting my top 10 together. :)

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't do TTT this week, mostly because the only travel book I could think of was LOTR! You didn't seem to have any trouble with the prompt. Also, thanks for mentioning THE LONG WALK -- I had no idea it was a book. The movie was very impactful, so I'll definitely have to check out the book.

    Also, are there any fun library events coming up in Provo/Orem? My 11 yo daughter's going to be spending most of June with her grandparents in Provo and she'd love to attend some fun bookish stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only one we had in common was Paper Towns, but that was such a memorable road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am listening to Aa Walk in the Woods now. Bryson made my list too ( I included Notes from a Small Island) . Travel = Bryson for sure!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails