Sunday, November 1, 2015

October 2015 Reading Wrap Up


Favorite Picture of the Month:
Carving pumpkins and preparing costumes.
(With my three oldest kids...not a normal sight around here anymore!)


The month started out very very bad reading-wise. But then the readathon happened and I managed five books in a day. That helped! And then I read a couple more toward the end of the month to make it be a really decent month after all!

Here's my list:

The Martian by Andy Weir: I think everyone knows this one by now! An astronaut is abandoned accidentally on Mars when his crew has to evacuate. This is how he survived.

Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis: Essie is surviving just fine and then a ship crash lands on her planet and she realizes that she needs to make some changes and stop running away from her past.

Saints by Gene Luen Yang: The story of the Boxer Rebellion in China from the point of view of a young girl who became a Christian.

Boxers by Gene Luen Yang: The story of the Boxer Rebellion in China from the point of view of a young boy who brings together a group to fight the Christians.

The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde: What happens if you move into a haunted house and haunt the ghost that lives there?

This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith: Ellie has been email a stranger for months. She is intrigued. And then one day, a movie set comes to town and the star of the movie is a famous pretty boy that she has no interested in. Until...

The Tightrope Walkers by David Almond: A coming of age story set in England just after WWII about a boy and girl and another boy that causes them all sorts of grief for years.

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes: When Louisa gets a job taking care of a guy in a wheelchair, she has no idea how it's going to change her life in all sorts of ways.

Year of Origin (beta read for Maren T.): Blue finds herself Displaced into the future and all she wants to do is find her family.

Gah! I have some major review catching up to do!

Favorites of the Month: The Martian, Stitching Snow, Me Before You and The Tightrope Walkers.... just to name a few. Way too many good books this month!

Plans for November:

  • read as many Beehive long list books as I can including:
  • Silver in the Blood
  • Kissing in America
  • All the Bright Places
  • and I don't know what else
  • oh, Ten Thousand Skies Above You... sent to me to review.
  • the goals are small this month because
  • NaNoWriMo!
  • I'll be writing my own story!
  • I hope.



How did your October turn out?


4 comments:

  1. Good luck with NaNoWriMo. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness fit the read a-thon. It got me going too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great month! Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  4. October was a slow month for me in reading because I was taking that class. I am hopefully finishing it up with the last two papers this weekend/early week. Then, back to focusing on NaNo and reading!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails