Saturday, October 22, 2011

Let the Readathon Begin!


I'm a happy to be joining you all here bright and early this morning for this crazy thing we call the readathon! Even on only four hours of sleep. (Dang kids keep you awake no matter how old they are!) I look forward to anything I manage to get read. We'll see how it goes.

But first and most importantly, here's a picture of our readathon snacks:



I threw the apples in for it look more healthy. If we eat those, it will be with caramel, so you know, we can keep up the reputation.

And here's the book stack. The top and bottom ones are books I'm currently working so I may read a bit on those. The rest are books I'm anxious to get to. Many of you suggested I go for The Night Circus, but in flipping through it, I decided it seems too long and too meaty for a readathon book... and one that I should savor more and go slower with.  Don't you think?


So I think maybe I'll go for The Demon King at the moment, since I sort of started it a few weeks ago, and have the first few pages down anyway. None of these books are short and simple and easy, so I've a feeling I won't make much progress actually finishing books today.

And now for the traditional opening meme for hour one:

1)Where are you reading from today? UTAH

2)Three random facts about me…
a. Mom to four kids, ages 22 to 12.
b. I work in the local public library's admin office.
c. I should stop stressing about thinking up "random" facts and start reading!

3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? SEVEN as you can see above.


4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? NO GOALS!!! I don't do goals, except just read and have fun. I'm skeptical of even finishing one book today. I would hope to read about half of the 24 hours... which is 12 in case you aren't up to math today...



5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? DON'T DO GOALS! Ha, just kidding. Only don't do them if they stress you out and make you forget to enjoy yourself and HAVE FUN!!



And now, I'm off to read. Wish me luck in keeping my eyes open. I see a nap in my future.

6 comments:

  1. I agree - Night Circus is definitely a savor book!

    I also agree on the no goals thing, I just do what I can and that way I never end up disappointed :)

    Happy reading & good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read The Night Circus. I don't really think it's a savor book but I did have a mini-readathon of my own when I read it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you think...putting in the apple to make it appear all healthy!! LOL!!

    Enjoy your day and your reads!

    Team Golden Grahams Cheerleader-Staci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great, cozy readathon day!
    If you do caramel apples, time it to coincide with reading The Night Circus, which isn't a fast read but, man, is it lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy reading! I've taken a couple of naps already, haha. Have fun and enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails