Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Sunday Salon: May Day May Day!


You'll have to convince me it's really May.  I'm a bit freaked out by this fact.

Outside my window: It's a dark and cold Saturday night. Last night we had snow, tonight, no snow, but very cold. And here I wanted to plant tomatoes today!

I am listening to: Wait, what? Nothing? What's up with that? But Pet Shop Boys did find their way into much of my listening this week. Especially this song:



I am watching: Last night we watched The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. It was as excepted in one regard, lots of sex talk. But surprising in another regard, which was that it had a pretty awesome message: true love is real and important! In TV land, I'm loving James on AI.



 And I'm rooting for Matt on Survivor.


 The cowboys got out on Amazing Race, so now I am teamless there. The Vampire Diaries continues to be awesome, and I've found Friday Night Lights!


I am thinking: that I actually accomplished something this Saturday! It feels quite nice!

I am grateful for: those nights when I conk out and sleep so so good! What a difference it makes in how a person feels!

I am reading: The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss and really really enjoying it!

I am photographing: Emily Wing Smith at her launch party!


I filmed the Barely Manilows singing too, but instead of uploading it here, I'll just refer you to Jenni Elyse's post instead. She does a great wrap of the whole event too. I will just say, it was fun! I need to try to make it to more of these shindigs! :)

I am listing: all the Utah authors that I want to read and promote this next month!

I am creating: Ah! We bought fabric and cut out dresses and skirts today! And I have yet to cut out a couple of little jackets for Toto too. Yes. Creating is finally happening around here!

I am hoping and praying: that we just simply survive the next month. And then the next one too!

Around the house: We scooted the bed over about five inches, and wow. It feels like we rearranged the whole room! What a differences few mere inches make! :)

From the kitchen: Tonight my husband cooked Thai food from stuff he bought at a specialty store awhile back. I thought it was great! He thought it lacked something. I think I will make him do this more often anyway.

One of my favorite things: unfortunately, I have this problem with chocolate.....

The children this week: Only four (or five?) weeks of school left. We have reports to work on, projects to film, recitals and such too. It's going to be busy I tell you.

Plans for the week: I'm going to another author event! We must see D.J. MacHale who wrote the Pendragon series that my kids love!

Thanks to Ibeeeg of Polishing Mud Balls for the inspiration for this post's layout.

10 comments:

  1. I love Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, most because of Matthew McConaughotty. :)

    Thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I mean I expect crappy weather clear till June, this is Utah, but, come on! I wanted to plant my little bitty garden yesterday! Now I'm going to try tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm freaked that it's May! Where has the year gone to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yiikes!! That snow caught this Arizona girl off guard but it sure was picture worthy!! I loved being in Utah these last few days. The tulips, the blooming trees and then the snow!! Believe me opening our dorm blinds on Saturday was a surprise!! I came home to 90 degrees and it should be 98 by Wednesday here.

    What a busy week and weeks ahead you have.

    I heard great speakers and came home with even better books. It was a great trip - I'm greedy. I want more.

    Have a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We, too, are having a very cold spring. Ugh. However, the warmer, stormy weather has missed us, and I wouldn't want to trade places with all the people who have experienced such devastating storms and tornadoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of Thai food? Since when does he cook?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenni: Agreed! :)

    Jenny: Yes, when CAN we plant anyway?

    Aths: It is crazy, seriously.

    Gaye: So glad you had fun! I want more details. I hope you blog about it soon.

    Tina: No kidding. Hopefully we'll ALL get some spring soon.

    Jed: We had Pad Thai and Chicken curry, but I forget what kind. With rice noodles. He likes to cook exotic food! Always has.. so that means it only happens now and then. But it's fun when it does.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing Race was kind of boring without the Cowboys. And James is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you like "Go West." Catchy little ditty, isn't it? Probably my favorite PSB song.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bethany: Yeah, agreed. I'm going to miss them. Jet in a hat and sun glasses? Yeah.

    Susan: VERY catchy! It's been fun to blast all around!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails