Friday, May 27, 2011

Armchair BEA Day Five: Keeping the Freshness


Today's prompt over at Armchair BEA central comes with lots and lots of questions! Finally I think I've picked just one to answer:

How do you keep your blog fresh and interesting to your readers and yourself?

Here's what I try to do:

** I like to mix reviews up with other things that interest me (and hopefully readers.)  Posts gushing about music, or what I'm watching, or random things I'm thinking or worrying about, or pictures of book stacks and author events, etc. break up the all book talk... which is kind of ironic since I named this blog It's All About Books....when in fact, it's morphed into a blog that should be called It's All About Whatever I Feel Like That Day!

** Memes are fun, but may get boring to readers if done all the time, so I do some one week and some another and only if I'm in the mood or have something fun to say. Hopefully this helps the meme monotony, and readers never really know what will show up.

** Discussion posts are fun to do and keep things interesting and usually have the most comments. I love it when an idea pops into my head for something to ask and throw out to readers and then I can hardly wait until I can get it posted.

** Pictures are important I think. Just words words words gets boring. I love finding ways to illustrating what I'm talking about and I really love adding videos in there too. This, however, I've wondered much about, whether anyone ever watches them!

That's about all I can think of at the moment!

What do you like to do to keep things exciting at your blog?

6 comments:

  1. I agree with the pictures. Just to spice the post up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I love how you mix it up which certainly doesn't explain why I am so hesitant to do it. One of the things to work on! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I love your blog so you must be doing something right. I'll admit when everyone is posting a meme over and over it does get kinda boring. I try to watch your movies but sometimes my internet is finicky and refuses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit that I did a lot of memes when I started (oh boy, did I ever!), but it helped to get me into the habit of posting every day or at least every 2-3 days, and then I phased them out as I had more original content and ideas about what else to post. I've gotten to the point where I really don't read anybody's blog if they post too many memes now, though - one or two a week, at most, I can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of discussion posts too...I just wish I had more ideas for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really do a great job keeping things fresh and mixing things up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails