Thursday, May 19, 2011

An Ode to Utah Authors

As part of celebrating Utah Author month, I wanted to compile all my author pictures in a movie thingy, and then I decided to do even the ones I'd met but didn't have pictures for, and then it morphed into trying to include all the authors I am aware of... in Utah.

So here it is, BUT I have two disclaimers first:

1. I'm very disappointed in how this uploaded to YouTube... it looked fine on my editing software, but the timing totally messed up during the upload processing.. or something. I almost didn't share it, but then I decided I worked too hard not to. And since I have no idea how to fix it, here it is anyway. But the whole thing is all about the timing to the music, so it's quite a bummer that didn't work out like I'd envisioned. Oh, well.

2. I'm sure there's lots of authors I didn't list, but these are the ones I'm aware of and who happen to be in my circle and genre of notice. Make sense? In other words, not many non-fiction, or adult or authors of strictly LDS fiction... mostly YA and MG and a few picture book. And the line between actually published and almost published is blurry enough to me that I may have forgotten someone there too. Anyway, if you don't see yourself here, and you wish you were... make me aware of you! :) But that being said, my guess is most of these authors named won't be seeing it anyway. But just in case, you know.

So without further ado.... Happy Utah Author Month!


5 comments:

  1. Wow! What do you guys do up there to produce so many writers? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing!!! :) I love this. I smiled at the picture from our last get together where your husband is in the background. He should publish a book and be added to your list of local authors! You are just too talented Suey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an impressive list!

    Sorry the video didn't turn out the way you'd hope - I think it looks great! NIce scenes of your state's scenery/attractions (in addition to authors!), too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! It was fun to mentally check off the ones I've met personally as well--and then doubly fun to see the list of "to meet" writers--and have my name first. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails