Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May's Monthly Reading Report


This past month, being Utah Author Month, I tried to concentrate my reading on just Utah authors. Here's what I read that fulfilled that goal:

 Reiyalindis by Cory Poulson: A young high elf puts together a group of interesting characters to led a mission to defeat the "ghost people."

 Back When You Were Easier to Love by Emily Wing Smith: All Joy wants is to get Zan back, so she goes of on a road trip to accomplish that goal with Zan's ex-best friend in tow.

 Forest Born by Shannon Hale: Rin leaves with forest with her brother Razo to experience an adventure of her own and in the process discover who she really is.

 I Don't Want to Kill You by Dan Wells: John Wayne Cleaver has more murders to solve and the solution is not what he expects it to be at all.

 Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George: After all the Midnight Ball chaos, Poppy refuses to dance when she is off visiting a neighboring castle, even when a charming prince appears on the scene!

 Wolves, Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me by Kristen Chandler: KJ, who lives near Yellowstone Park, suddenly becomes the center of the hot political topic regarding wolves in the park.

Here's what I "snuck" in that didn't fit those parameters!

 The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss: In which we meet the legend that is Kvothe and find out what really happened!

 A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. La Guin: The story of how Ged became a famous wizard.

 City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare: The adventures of Clary, Jace and Simon continue.


 Bruiser by Neal Shusterman: Twins, Bronte and Tennyson, become friends with a loner boy from school nicknamed Bruiser and discover that there's a very interesting reason he's a loner.

Not bad! Not bad at all! My favorite from the Utah author bunch  was I Don't Want to Kill You. My favorite from the non-Utah bunch was The Name of the Wind and Bruiser. Awesome books. 

Plans for June:
  • Start the Wheel of Time #7, hopefully.
  • Finish Ship Breaker, currently reading.
  • Read The Wise Man's Fear.
  • Take a bunch of easy to read, brain candy paper back fluff on vacation and read lots! Any suggestions?
And that's about all I'll be able to handle in June. It's going to be a hit and miss month reading-wise. And it's started already. 

How was your month? What are your first month of summer plans?



2 comments:

  1. Holy toledo, you read a lot. My huge monthly reading log seems to be days of past. sigh.

    Yes, let's do start book 7 very soon.

    Okay, brain candy? Well, have you read The Iron Fey trilogy starting with The Iron King? If not, that is some good candy. I have just finished the three books that are out, and will be posting about them mostly likely next week. While the series has issues for me, I do love the premise and the characters...brain candy it is and pretty much how I describe it in my write up.

    Starcrossed is another good one; brain candy, yes indeed. Very yummy at that too.

    That is all that is coming to my head at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Even with the non Utah books you read a ton! You could try The Summer I Turned Pretty series. I liked the first, well enough and that's high praise coming from me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails