Friday, December 3, 2010

Wake Up! Wake Up!

This week, I've had lots of ideas on things to post about and questions to ask and points to ponder, yet no time or energy or space (I just can't write stuff when people are hanging over my shoulder!) to do them. So hopefully something will change and maybe those ideas will show up sooner or later!

Meanwhile we're stuck with all the same old boring stuff. Which is not good because everyone around here, including myself, seems especially sleepy lately. We need a shot of blog adrenalin! Any suggestions on what that should be?

One thing.... I don't think I gave NEAR enough attention and blog screen time to a piece of news that I just sort of mentioned in passing awhile back. And that is:


Markus Zusak is coming!!!

In March! To the "other" library! Yes, I'm just a teeny tiny bit excited about this. I need to figure out a strategy to make sure I'm there. I need to plan and prepare what I'll say at the infamous signing table. I get all shaky just thinking about that part. I need to make sure I have all the books ready to be signed. (My Book Thief copy is so hashed, I'm thinking of buying a good new hard back copy.)

And of course there's the new book to look forward to, Bridge of Clay. Ah, I can't wait! Anyone else excited about this one? I'm sure it will be awesome.

Seriously, I didn't think he'd ever come to our little neck of the woods. But as of now, it looks like it just may happen after all. I hope you bear with me as I'll probably end up doing a count down.

One more thing. It's Friday, so we need some music so here's another one of my favorite Christmas songs for you (hint: this song is best blasted as loud as you can on the best speakers you have!) Love it!

10 comments:

  1. Do you say "other" library because it's the one in P and not O?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm halfway through The Book Thief and loving it. So jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *did* notice when you dropped that little aside about Zusak. Jealous! How exciting. Can't wait to hear all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait. Which library is the "other" library and how in the world do you find out? After reading this I tried to Google for the info but I couldn't find anything!! Do tell me your secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I'm super thrilled and looking forward to more info from that "other" library :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie: Ridiculously. Yep, that says it!

    Jenny: Yay!

    Jenni: Exactly! I work at and frequent the "O", so the "P" has always been the "other" one in my mind....

    Bibilos: I'll be watching to see what your final report is on this, my favorite book, is!

    Radiergirl: I hope I have some good details to report.

    Becks: The "other" library is actually the Provo Library. It's on their Facebook page, so search there for the details, which aren't many at the moment.

    Melissa: LOL! Yep. Hopefully, I won't have to have you get tickets for me this time. But then again, it may be that I will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of these days I've got to find time to read The Book Thief! Although Zusak is pretty cute--I'd probably go see him even without reading the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, I was thinking you didn't show proper enthusiasm before, this is more like it. :) And a hashed copy is great to have signed, in my opinion it says that you really like the book.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails